Tuning How to decrease regulator pressure on a non-AMP Dreamline Classic

I think the amp is on all dreamline guns from factory.

That's what I thought too.

Anyway, instead of dry firing until empty, easiest way to empty air cylinder is to pull off the rotating fill probe cover, and slightly unscrew the pressure gauge at the end of the cylinder. When hissing stops or slows significantly, loosen it just a bit more and repeat until gauge shows zero.

I bought a special thin 11 mm wrench to access the gauge's threads. Maybe you have something in your tool box already which will fit?

Thanks TMH,

I’ve got that wrench. That’s probably the easiest way to not damage anything since I just got it back. Although I really just want to reduce the reg pressure to 130.

But, rather than fire till empty, can I fire and reduce reg pressure a 1/4 turn each time as per FX manual?

So you do have access to the regulator adjustment screw without removing the air cylinder?

The FX manual you reference provides instructions specific to their AMP regulator, but they likely and generally may apply to other regs as well. Best to use the instructions from your reg manufacturer.

With the FX Amp reg, yes, small adjustments (no more than a quarter turn), and then I normally fire off 2-3 shots to assure that the reg has stabilized at its new setting. Then repeat.

Also keep an eye on your air cylinder's pressure gauge just to make sure that the needle on the reg gauge isn't going down just because the cylinder pressure has dropped too far! 😉