• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How to choose a PCP having never touched/shot a PCP?

So my dilemma is how do I choose a PCP having never touched/shot a PCP? I've talked myself into and out of so many different PCPs it's not even funny. I'm so intrigued by the power, accuracy and consistency that I see folks getting out of their PCPs. The problem is I want that "Best/Perfect" PCP to get started on and not have too many regrets. I have a little over an acre yard so I can easily set up targets up to 50/60 yards.(As long as the nosy neighbors aren't spying on me) I won't slant the suggestions by telling you the guns I've considered. Basically all of them. LOL

Things I want

1. Reliable
  2.  Accurate
  3. Decent power. Open to .22 or .25
  4.  Decent shot count with a possibility of shooting single shot.
  5. Quiet
  6. Compact - I'm 5' 7" so nothing crazy long. 
  7. I like the idea of an all around gun that I can target shoot and do pesting. So basically the One Gun Challenge gun. Not interested in going out hunting. At least not right now.
  8. Benchrest friendly
  9. Side Lever Forward Cocking 
    [/LIST=1]

Thanks for your help in advance.😵

22 or 25 Daystate Pulsar HP. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING COMPARES. Except the Redwolf AND Airwolfs series full sized rifles and up and coming DELTA WOLF!!! I got 2 preordered$$$!!! They're cheap now. Like $1000.00 cheaper than they were a year ago and early on. NO REGRETS HERE! In fact if you take my advice you will see what I'm talking about after you get your Pulsar HP then buy another brand expensive gun right after that to compare. See which one you DONT want to shoot...

22 or 25 Daystate Pulsar HP. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING COMPARES. Except the Redwolf AND Airwolfs series full sized rifles and up and coming DELTA WOLF!!! I got 2 preordered$$$!!! They're cheap now. Like $1000.00 cheaper than they were a year ago and early on. NO REGRETS HERE! In fact if you take my advice you will see what I'm talking about after you get your Pulsar HP then buy another brand expensive gun right after that to compare. See which one you DONT want to shoot...

Hmm of all the ones I considered, these weren't it. Will have to research them. Thanks

Pulsars a good gun but it’s a bull pup. That’s a negative to me

Full sized Blue Midnight Redwolf my next specific Redwolf on my shopping list!!!

It's a regular non HP 22 since I already have a typical stocked Red laminate one in 22 HP.

1594657681_4564293565f0c8b91566468.99388689.png

Tell us what you want to spend. I would not worry about the quality or performance of any of these real popular guns. There are a small percentage that have trouble. Price and whether or not you want a bull pup. We’ll get ya fixed up. 😀

Wow that's dangerous. So I would like to be at the $1500 range just for the gun. I need everything to start. I'm open to a Bull Pup but don't like the idea of a back side lever cocking, like on the current Taipans or I probably would have jumped at one of them. I'm fine with a nice used gun as well. Thanks

Tell us what you want to spend. I would not worry about the quality or performance of any of these real popular guns. There are a small percentage that have trouble. Price and whether or not you want a bull pup. We’ll get ya fixed up.
1f600.svg

Agreed. Knowing what I know now I would have spent more to begin with, but realistically I didn’t have the money when I started because I spent it all on real guns lol.

Crown Continuum would have been my first PCP if it had been available waaay back then! Think this would meet all your requirements.

I considered it, but keep reading all the posts about getting their FX's to work right. Is that just the Impacts and Wildcats they're talking about?

I believe many if not most of the problems some of the guns seem to have are caused by operator errors. Also judging a gun by the few complaints one has on the forum is really not the best way to do it as many thousands are sold around the world and people with problems are far more likely to visit a forum than those who have no problems. If the FX guns had serious problems they would not be selling so many.

You probly can't go wrong with a gun from

Daystate

FX

Air Arms

Airforce

HW

Crown Continuum would have been my first PCP if it had been available waaay back then! Think this would meet all your requirements.

I considered it, but keep reading all the posts about getting their FX's to work right. Is that just the Impacts and Wildcats they're talking about?

Most people don't post about their guns working without any problems...search and you will find issues with any gun. Guess what I'm saying is don't let what could/might/possibly/maybe happen give you purchasing paralysis.