• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How to change Yong Heng OEM filter?

My apologies for the dumb question, but how do you guys change it/take it out when needed for drying? It seems very difficult to remove it without damaging it since it's "one way".

The picture was taken after 5 mins of use, I do have the big gold filter after it.

Thanks much!

yongheng filter.1615691235.jpeg

@siulam: Nope it will not get better but no big deal, just open the filter and pull the filter out with needle nose pliers and let everything dry till next time. I always open it and leave it open so it can dry while in storage. I also let the compressor run for 30 seconds with the bleeder valves open and a lot of moisture comes out of my low pressure side valve. 

BTW I used royal purple and my compressor doesn’t seem to like such thick oil and seems/sounds much happier with some transmission oil I have left sitting around. 

@siulam: Nope it will not get better but no big deal, just open the filter and pull the filter out with needle nose pliers and let everything dry till next time. I always open it and leave it open so it can dry while in storage. I also let the compressor run for 30 seconds with the bleeder valves open and a lot of moisture comes out of my low pressure side valve. 

BTW I used royal purple and my compressor doesn’t seem to like such thick oil and seems/sounds much happier with some transmission oil I have left sitting around.

Yea I just left it open without filter in it, and I did run it a bit with valves open before shutting it off. sounds like I will replace them every once in a while, not a big deal as long as it keeps my tanks dry! Thank you for the info!

That is not bad on the filter. You can leave it in for 10-20 minutes then pull it out and let it dry and use it over a few times until it shows good sized dark oil spots on the output side of the filter.

Like Glem said below I too use the small YH filter to remove most of the moisture before it reaches the desiccant filter. I also purge the compressor every five or so minutes while in use. So my desiccant filter has lasted a year or so and is just starting to show moisture inside. Recently installed another after the desiccant filter to let me know when it is time to change it out.

Possibly a filter similar to this if humidity is high in your area and your desiccant filters have to be replaced often.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30MPa-High-Pressure-Air-Filter-Oil-Water-Separator-For-Air-Pump-Air-Tank/402600939671?hash=item5dbce2d097:g:pRoAAOSwy41f00pY

I'd fill these with desiccant, these "filters" are trash and let moisture flow through them very well.

Use slices of these filters as plugs on either end and fill the middle with desiccant. I don't even bother drying it out just toss it and refill every couple fills of my scba.

I use the stock filter housing as a pre filter before it goes to the big filter like a gold one then to the tank.

20210313_221749.1615702688.jpg

My apologies for the dumb question, but how do you guys change it/take it out when needed for drying? It seems very difficult to remove it without damaging it since it's "one way".

The picture was taken after 5 mins of use, I do have the big gold filter after it.

Thanks much!

The spot on the outlet side of the filter pictured is from blow back from the in the big gold filter (charcoal dust) . When you bleed the high side of the YH the downstream pressure and volume flows back to replace the volume bled. A check valve at the outlet of the small stock filter will prevent this reverse flow and and possibility of emptying the tank being filled due to a compressor problem. Cheap insurance and improved operation of the system.

That is not bad on the filter. You can leave it in for 10-20 minutes then pull it out and let it dry and use it over a few times until it shows good sized dark oil spots on the output side of the filter.

Like Glem said below I too use the small YH filter to remove most of the moisture before it reaches the desiccant filter. I also purge the compressor every five or so minutes while in use. So my desiccant filter has lasted a year or so and is just starting to show moisture inside. Recently installed another after the desiccant filter to let me know when it is time to change it out.

Possibly a filter similar to this if humidity is high in your area and your desiccant filters have to be replaced often.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30MPa-High-Pressure-Air-Filter-Oil-Water-Separator-For-Air-Pump-Air-Tank/402600939671?hash=item5dbce2d097:g:pRoAAOSwy41f00pY

Thank you brother. my setup is pretty much the same as yours!

Thanks much!

The spot on the outlet side of the filter pictured is from blow back from the in the big gold filter (charcoal dust) . When you bleed the high side of the YH the downstream pressure and volume flows back to replace the volume bled. A check valve at the outlet of the small stock filter will prevent this reverse flow and and possibility of emptying the tank being filled due to a compressor problem. Cheap insurance and improved operation of the system.

Great advice! I'm going to install the check valve soon.