• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How to buy a win.

I was not looking for this photo or anything on the subject, but you know how Google is. Sometimes things find you. Anyway, informal shooting matches of all sorts seem to evolve into cut throat "I am going to win not matter how much it costs" shooting sports. Things got so bad that many shooting sports have had to break up into everything from stock only to unlimited. This picture was taken at a field target competition. I had to laugh at this one.

On the plus side, serious matches result in development of improved equipment. 50 years ago, the idea of shooting an air rifle at over 100 yards was ludicrous.

photo-1.1602366961.jpg

People spend lots of time and money in order to be competitive in shooting matches of all types. This has been happening for decades, if not centuries. I guess I don't really understand the point of your post...

I am not mocking her or anyone who wants the best equipment. I was just commenting on how a fairly simple game evolves into something else.

Silly-wet {silhouette)shooting started in Mexico. They shot at live animals with whatever they had. It has evolved into a highly competitive and expensive sport. 

I am not sure what the point of the original post was, but the title is just wrong. She isn’t buying wins. I know lots of people who spend a fortune on guns (powder and air) and still can’t win anything because they are terrible (or not very good) shooters.

I used to do a lot of bowling pin and steel plate handgun matches. Lots of guys would turn up with all kinds of fancy guns. Most never did well. I did quite well until i got into the A class. Then my basic 1911 just would not cut it anymore, plus I would have jams and the occasional stovepipe. I upgraded to match grade guns and that kind of stoppage just didn’t happen anymore.

So I guess I would say she is not buying wins. That’s based on skill. She is however buying insurance for her skills to help ensure wins!

Chris

Let's not get our bowels in an uproar. I was doing a little research on the Angeles Shooting Range and that picture popped up. I don't know her and I never heard of her. My post has nothing to do with her. I was just making an observation based on over 55 years of shooting.

Let's be honest. A good shooter will do better with better equipment. In most cases, a poor shooter will still be a poor shooter. 

I can see that controversial subjects are not accepted well on this forum. I will refrain from posting any here in the future. 

Let's not get our bowels in an uproar. I was doing a little research on the Angeles Shooting Range and that picture popped up. I don't know her and I never heard of her. My post has nothing to do with her. I was just making an observation based on over 55 years of shooting.

Let's be honest. A good shooter will do better with better equipment. In most cases, a poor shooter will still be a poor shooter. 

I can see that controversial subjects are not accepted well on this forum. I will refrain from posting any here in the future.

R.I.P. DML908