• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How to Aim and Shoot Up. [new video]

That was some incredible shooting!! What a great way to teach a lesson. I can see drone sales skyrocketing because of you.
Your mention of the forum was very subtle. Should cause the trickle in effect until you make a formal announcement to all your minions
Now if I can pitch the idea to LD on "Ariel Benchrest"....might have a whole new shooting game!
Love the video Ted....your enthusiasm is infectious!
Mike Manabe

"tSH"Ted, I've got an idea. You know when you shoot a dove or a starling or whatever it is and it falls dead on top of rooftops etc... Isn't it possible to install some type of a hook on that drone and use it to collect them instead of climbing and braking your bones? :D

Now you have me thinking...... I think the drone could carry a morning dove. A pigeon would be too much - best you could hope for would be a 'controlled crash'. This brilliant idea is certain to be the demise of my $1000 toy. :)

Great video and I appreciate just how much effort is involved Ted. Just a couple of comments if I may:

I think if you review the video you may find your first shot made the hole where you placed #2. You will see the hole appear just above where you were aiming after the gun fired.

Perhaps try this some time: When shooting up at such steep angles, I find it is good to zero at the range where you have just ONE zero, which is generally about 25 yards, where the pellet will just rise to touch the sight line then fall away in a level shot; then lower the sight about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch. ... This strategy will often allow these really steep shots to be made to from 20 to 40 yards, or more, with just a smidgen of hold-under, or none.

You have made a great start with your forum and Manager. My best regards, Harry.

I had just posed a question to myself asking if Ted was through making his excellent videos. Then, WHAM! I looked at your latest offering and had a moment of de ja vu. We had a 60' rappeling tower from which we could practice our elevated shots using the plastic practice .308 rounds. Up close, within fifty yards, they would duplicate the ballistics and trajectory of the service round that we incorporated.Your video brought back the many hours and days spent discovering how angular shots were effected by gravity. Those lessons were not lost on me as I have had occasions to use the information to gather in some ground hogs and squirrels over the years. Thanks again for an entertaining and informative video.