• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

How to adjust FX Boss trigger.

I've owned the Boss for a few months now, and although I love the accuracy (its really amazing), I've never been happy with the trigger. I'd much appreciate feedback on how to adjust the 1st stage.

The problem has been that there is no resistance at all on the 1st stage. The trigger literally flops backwards and forwards as I tilt the gun up and down. Today I removed the stock and noticed a couple of things: The bright metal pins that hold part of the trigger assembly (A 17 on the Boss schematic) were loose and had partially come out of the housing. I also checked for springs under the trigger wedge but found only set screws. After centering the pins and remounting the stock I noticed the following:

The 'big' discovery was that if I held the cocking arm back for a couple of seconds before returning it to its forward position, the 1st stage now had a nice light resistance, with a nice hold at the 2nd stage, and a clean break. The 1st stage resistance occasionally disappeared after 10-20 sec, back to a free moving 1st stage, but mostly it held. This made me wonder if instead of a spring, the Boss uses some kind of pneumatic trigger for the 1st stage, and its leaking? Sounds crazy, but I don't know how else to explain it.

Its also frustrating the the trigger design is different from that described in the generic FX owners manual, which is useless for expelling how to adjust the Boss trigger. I'm happy with the 2nd stage, but would like to have a consistent 1st stage pull. 

Johan created a diagram of the FX Boss trigger along with some recommendations below:

• #1 Adjusts the length of the pull of the first stage
  • #2 Adjusts first stage travel
  • #3 Second stage adjustment
The Boss trigger is quite tricky to set up for the first time. I suggest you try applying some pink/blue Loctite on the screws and start with the #2 screw to get the total travel length you desire. After that, you adjust the second stage to your liking.

Regarding the trouble with the main valve, I would suggest you contacting your local authorized service center and have them fix the problem. It is most likely a valve seat that has unfortunately, gotten out of place.