• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How tight for action screws

I’ve researched this topic on previous posts but didn’t find any consistent answers other than one individual listed his torque settings for all screws where others hand tightened. Some use blue locktite while others use vibra-tite. In an effort to better understand this issue here’s my brief experience with my new R7.

Bought from PA - they did the 10 shot test and sent to me - received and tested all three bottom screws and all were loose by at least a turn - hand tightened back to a to “firm” feel - sent 450 pellets down range and this morning saw accuracy crash - checked the screw tightness - found them loose again - retightened to “firm” feel - accuracy @ 25 yds immediately jumped back up to great.

Does Weihrauch publish torque settings for their rifles’ bottom screws
Do most people torque or hand tighten w or w/o locktite etc
How do you measure how tight is enough
I’ve heard that the rear trigger screw only goes into wood so take it easy with that one - correct

I now have screw heads marked to see if they loosen.
Any advice would be appreciated - thanks

Most screws have a Torque specification that they should be tightened up to. You'll need a Torque Wrench and bit for each of the different sized screws. You'll probably want something in the inch/pound scale - NOT Foot Pound. If you know the size of the screws you can look up the torque specification on Google.

Blue Lock-Tite is about the only thing I'd ever use on an Air Rifle.

Smitty