How the Wildcat became my pet.

There has been much written and discussed about the FX Wildcat air rifle because I've read and viewed everything I could find, still do, we all have our favorite ( pet ) guns, me too, but what would it take to change that? I shot these groups shortly after I received my WC ( MK 1 .25 ). It was one of those "good" shooting sessions, steady nerves, nice weather, no wind, wife didn't have me aggravated all the stars a lined gun felt good in my hands, the gun preformed correctly, all were 8 shot full mags. from sitting resting on knee position, in order left to right two air fills, box stock with included FX 3x12 scope, I did tweek the trigger a little, JSB .25.39's I didn't even look at 'em just load and shoot...25yards...come to find out it does the same thing at 50yds, the memory on my phone is getting low from all the groups I've got saved don't even shoot at 25yds anymore, standard range is now 48, deck to yard shed. The Wildcat won me over fair and square as my new favorite, used to be Theoben SLR 98, reach for the WC more often now. Considering .22 with laminated stock. Happy 4th everyone
1530737915_2446080205b3d34fbb046d0.16806105_wildcat mk1 .25 targets all 8 shot groups.jpg
, time to start the grill, too hot to shoot!

The WC I got is a MK1 with synthetic stock. I have not shot it without the Hugget on so I don't know how loud a "normal" .25 Cat is. I can say this - it is WAY quieter than the .22 BSA R10 MK2 I just received. I will even say that it has less of a noise impulse than my Hatsan AT44 QE .22 shooting 15.89's @ 810fps. Before buying I had concerns about using the WC on the bench; this turned out to be a complete non-issue. It is a little top heavy for using with just bags (tips over more easily than a traditional rifle) but I use a bipod so no problem there. Powerful, accurate, shot count, efficient, smooth operation, quiet and yes SEXY. If I had a complaint (really more of an annoyance) it would be that when changing clips the sidelever can move forward and the probe will block inserting the new clip. This only happens if the muzzle is pointed down after opening the sidelever - Yes, the sidelever operates that easily.

Sorry RM100GUY. I did not mean to hijack your thread, but you did ask. Lol You are so right = everything under 50yds with the Cat is boring.

RM100GUY,

Another very satisfied WC .22 MkI owner here. For 2 years I've debated about adding an FX Impact .25 for larger prey. But good sense tells me I'd better fill that spot with a WC .25 and avoid all the issues with the Impact. I can pick up my WC .22 with every expectation that it will hit what I aim at with no surprises; no fuss; no muss. According to the vast majority of WC .25 MkI owners, the WC .25 MkI is just as reliable and predictable and dependable as the WC .22 MkI. Some say they're even more accurate, if that's possible. You won't regret it if you buy a WC .22 MkI. And I'm sure you'd say the same if I get a WC .25 MkI.

BeemanR7

Golfer, if the ability to swap-out different caliber barrels is not a deal-breaker for you, I would definitely go with the WC. I've owned both an Impact .30 and a WC .25. The Impact has a lot of bells and whistles, most of which I never used. (There was just more to go wrong, IMO.) The WC is an all-fixed platform (except for the trigger, which I found to be easier to adjust than the Impact). But perhaps the most important aspect for me is that the choice of hunting rounds is better with the .25. Although the Impact .30 has almost twice the power of the WC .25, I am taking more game with my WC than I did with my Impact. I have not found a decent hollow-point for the .30 cal. and the JSB domed pellets usually just pass right through the animal, with many times the animal escaping. The H&R Baracuda Hunter Extreme .25s dump almost all of their energy into the animal. The animal usually just drops on the spot. (I almost always recover the pellet from the animal.) I also found the WC to be more accurate than the Impact, making shot placement more effective.