How the hell do you carry a FX in the woods?

• Thread starter Deleted member 36685
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 36685

I guess if I was taller I could carry a 700mm FX from the butt in one hand stright down

I realize that's what the Wildcat is for but for those that like to shoot varmints with a impact, dreamline or maverick like a frickin laser.

Now with a sling..... you have the 4 common types,

American carry, Cross body carry, European carry, African carry, I think I like the African carry but we all got to know how you carry 10+ lbs in the field

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W86QKxzkZxM&ab_channel=HuntStand

Real easy with a single point...
image.1631213964.jpg

The sling is just off one of my real guns. It’s a little stiff but I like it because it is sticky and doesn’t slip off my shoulder during long hoofs to my stand. Probably got it at Cabelas. The grip came that way with the shelf. And a laser is a strange figure of speech for guns that have trajectories that make Davey Crocketts musket look like a laser.

The sling is just off one of my real guns. It’s a little stiff but I like it because it is sticky and doesn’t slip off my shoulder during long hoofs to my stand. Probably got it at Cabelas. The grip came that way with the shelf. And a laser is a strange figure of speech for guns that have trajectories that make Davey Crocketts musket look like a laser.

"trajectories that make Davey Crocketts musket look like a laser." (yes yes)

I'm on your side, takes time to lean all that trajectory wizardry :)

That sling is definitely worth a try. I have found that when carrying one of my heavy varmint rifles or a heavy real slug gun, a skinny strap stays put better while walking. Probably 30 years ago we all started gravitating toward fat padded straps, some you could even look cool because you could put a couple shells in them. They marketed them as having better weight distribution but the dang things were always slipping off our shoulders. Now I’m back with thin straps.

That sling is definitely worth a try. I have found that when carrying one of my heavy varmint rifles or a heavy real slug gun, a skinny strap stays put better while walking. Probably 30 years ago we all started gravitating toward fat padded straps, some you could even look cool because you could put a couple shells in them. They marketed them as having better weight distribution but the dang things were always slipping off our shoulders. Now I’m back with thin straps.

The one above being rubbery should make a diffrence, what caliber have you found you love the most with your Impact?

The one above being rubbery should make a diffrence, what caliber have you found you love the most with your Impact?

It’s a full time job just keeping the gun on its slug tune so the last thing I would do is provoke the gun by jumping from caliber to caliber. This one is a 25. It’s a love hate relationship but at least it always gives me something to do. All my other guns are boringly accurate all the time. This one reminds me of my last girlfriend. When it’s in a good mood it’s great. When it’s having a bad day, I have a bad day and I’d like to strangle it. It’s the Impact lifestyle.