How strong is the bottle attachement against the receiver? FX Crown

I think it's unlikely that you would damage anything using a bottle rail. That said, I will not attach anything to the bottle, it just bothers me. Even on my Red Wolf, which has precious little wood up there, I attached my rail to the stock, used a T nut in front. It's a tedious installation with hand tools, but it's my preference.

How strong is the bottle attachement against the receiver on FX Crown

not asking cause im worried more then anybody else, but i see many have clamps and big bipods and put some pressure on the adapter between receiver and bottle-end.... my bottle is free and Im only laying it on my bag with a soft clothes between....

FX has commented on this at least twice that I know of and said it's safe to use the bottle for a bipod mount.

How strong is the bottle attachement against the receiver on FX Crown

not asking cause im worried more then anybody else, but i see many have clamps and big bipods and put some pressure on the adapter between receiver and bottle-end.... my bottle is free and Im only laying it on my bag with a soft clothes between....

FX has commented on this at least twice that I know of and said it's safe to use the bottle for a bipod mount.

I searched and could not find anywhere where FX commented on using the bottle on a rest/bipod. Do you have a link?

https://fxairguns.com/accessories/addition/

If FX are making these for the Streamline and others, then a bottle bipod mount for the Crown and Royale should also be fine, the connector between bottle/tube and action is the same(strength-wise) more or less in all fx guns from what I see..

I'm not sure that you can necessarily infer that to be true. When you look at the threaded surface areas of the cylinder and bottle, and the leverage of the bottle against the smaller neck, there is a difference, and FX does not make a similar attachment for their bottles. Just an observation. If you are careful, it should be fine. 

This ALL depends on the manufacturing design and assembly process of the carbon fiber cylinder.

IF...the bottle neck is thick enough, and the carbon fiber layup was properly done, "MAYBE" the cylinder could be used as a "stressed" member. Does ANYONE (outside of the company that builds them) know about the design and carbon fiber assembly ? Were they designed to handle a 2# bending load, a 5# load, a 20# bending load..??

Then there's the guy...I've been doing it this way for... Well, that's fine. until it isn't..! Again, does ANYONE know the proper inspection process for carbon fiber layup ? It may take a given load 5 times, or 50 times. I would NOT want to be around on that last time when it said...no more, and a microscopic crack turned deadly..!

Without knowing these facts, I personally would not use the bottle as a bipod mount. Will it support the gun, yeah, probably without any problem. But then add in the loads put on that joint while aiming. THEN...the unknowns, like ANY sort of accidents that may put additional loads on the cylinder neck/threads.

Of course, we ALL know that accidents...don't happen...right ?

Every time that I pull one of my unprotected cylinder guns out of my safe, the easiest place to grab is...the cylinder. I have to remind myself of the above, and reach down a little farther and grab the trigger guard area.

Mike

well im not sure what you mean, as the fx tubes fits where bottles are, like royale 200 and 400/500, same threads inside the tube and bottles with a valvepin inside, if the threads where longer on the tubes then the valve inside would not function as it should...

also, a tube is longer, so putting the clamp there with a bipod would make twice the leverage compared to lets say Crown or Royale 400...

levarage as I mean it is distance times force, does not matter if the bottle has bigger diamter where the clamp is sitting, and the distance is from where the clamp is sitting to the connecter near the action... either way, lets not makes this to complicated, im sure a clamp on a bottle is fins as long as you dont sit on the fx rifle or smach the bipod down on a table.....

just as a side notice a M12 threaded bolt made of weak steal kan take 5000 pounds of force before streathing, YES I know, its not fair to compare it this way, but at least it gives a perspective of what that adapter with M12 threads that srews inside the bottle are capable of.....

This ALL depends on the manufacturing design and assembly process of the carbon fiber cylinder.

IF...the bottle neck is thick enough, and the carbon fiber layup was properly done, "MAYBE" the cylinder could be used as a "stressed" member. Does ANYONE (outside of the company that builds them) know about the design and carbon fiber assembly ? Were they designed to handle a 2# bending load, a 5# load, a 20# bending load..??

Then there's the guy...I've been doing it this way for... Well, that's fine. until it isn't..! Again, does ANYONE know the proper inspection process for carbon fiber layup ? It may take a given load 5 times, or 50 times. I would NOT want to be around on that last time when it said...no more, and a microscopic crack turned deadly..!

Without knowing these facts, I personally would not use the bottle as a bipod mount. Will it support the gun, yeah, probably without any problem. But then add in the loads put on that joint while aiming. THEN...the unknowns, like ANY sort of accidents that may put additional loads on the cylinder neck/threads.

Of course, we ALL know that accidents...don't happen...right ?

Every time that I pull one of my unprotected cylinder guns out of my safe, the easiest place to grab is...the cylinder. I have to remind myself of the above, and reach down a little farther and grab the trigger guard area.

Mike

im not sure but I think the fx carbon bottles have aluminum bottles inside then wrapped around with carbonfiber....

So I think where the vavlve threads into the bottle it is a "aluminumbottle inside carbonfiber wrapping" it should be pretty damn strong...at least for a few founds of force as acting .... of course it is always best to be safe, dont do anything that could be the slightest danger of doing, but in the pcp world its hard to avoid eveything, there are far more things to be carefull with and avoid then for example putting a clamp on a bottle..

With my Daystate Wolverine R, I tend to NOT rest the bottle on the "V" rest that I have screwed in on top of a tripod. I've done it a few times and it seemed rock-solid and to give me a better steady-hold, but I'm just not comfortable doing it - I keep it on the stock. I also have an FX Foyale 400 and tend to not rest on the bottle. But, that's just me. I do not know how many pounds of gun is actually resting on "V".