• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How should I exterminate red squirrels

this summer I shot about 40 red squirrels with my crosman 1322. There are still a lot of them left, but they are smart. They usually run into their hole in their tree or in the ground. They have been very anoying and they raided the bird feeder but I think I shot to many on it and they are they don't go there anymore then they have been by my turkey coop eating feed when there was snow but it rained and melted. And I think they eat stuff out in the woods. I try walking around and the pine trees are so brushy you can't see once they go up in a tree. I shot them earlier by walking around but they were dumb then and just sat in the tree. I set up a pop up blind with corn by it but all I see are birds and rabbits eat it after dark there were a few squirrel tracks in the snow but I just need to have something that attracts them better. The other day a red squirrel climbed up my trees tang with an apple in its mouth. Maybe I will try apples. My pop up blind is about 10 or 15 yards away but I can kill the little red squirrels at 30 or 40 yards but if yall got any tips or kinds of bait tell me but I gotta git rid of these guys. Thanks

Poisoning them is just stupid! they die slowly and run to find water. In the meantime something else like a Hawk or other Predator catches and eats them and dies itself.

You don't have to Poison near the coop either. Just setup an area to attract the rats away from the Turkeys. (An area with a wood backstop or something) If there's food there they will come. Shooting is much more fun too!

It's not what the Turkeys are finding it what other wild animal like a Hawk may find. A Poisoned rat makes an easy meal. Even if you put it in their holes their instinct is to find water. They leave their dens. Just because you don't see them don't think they died in their hole.
Besides Honestly, Internal hemorrhaging is a horrible way to die. Even for a rat. Shooting them is much more fun and humane.