How popular is the HW 44?

"What makes you say this? As I understand from aoa it is legal if the silencer is removed"

One HW44 purchaser reported the mod was either very difficult or impossible to remove. If that's not the case, "never mind!".

Or perhaps it might have been the case, and that issue has been corrected.
Not so. Two simple allen screws loosened and it pops right off. I do this every time I clean it.

Reactions: maxtrouble
"What makes you say this? As I understand from aoa it is legal if the silencer is removed"

One HW44 purchaser reported the mod was either very difficult or impossible to remove. If that's not the case, "never mind!".

Or perhaps it might have been the case, and that issue has been corrected.
Yea this is my whole reason with this is ft. You don’t want 1 though cause i might come to tx to kick some butt!😂😂😂😂

Here is my HW44 sans moderator. More accurate than I am. Burris 2-7X32 pistol scope.
7B559B6E-F431-41A7-8A45-3AA748C19E15.jpeg

Not so. Two simple allen screws loosened and it pops right off. I do this every time I clean it.
Well i understand now why you’re trying to shoot a 10 shot 4.5 mm hole this thing is nuts! Just got it today sighting in with 10.34 AA @ 10 m 10 shots from a rest all in the same hole mabe not quite 4.5 mm but close enough for ft!!! Oh and yes 2 set screws and the mod comes right off makes it field target legal

Reactions: rsfrid
Well i understand now why you’re trying to shoot a 10 shot 4.5 mm hole this thing is nuts! Just got it today sighting in with 10.34 AA @ 10 m 10 shots from a rest all in the same hole mabe not quite 4.5 mm but close enough for ft!!! Oh and yes 2 set screws and the mod comes right off makes it field target legal
I have a 3-12 power Bug Buster on mine - side parallax knob and wheel. Should be great for FT.

We can’t use a moderator for FT ????

I've not owned one.

But from what I hear from others who have bought them, Weihrauch shot themselves in the foot by making the 44 illegal for BOTH kinds of pistol field target competitions. How many more could they sell if they hadn't limited their sales to non-competitors willing to spend $1000 on an air pistol?

That's not a rhetorical question.
How so… what made them illegal???

I think there was some confusion as to whether or not the moderator was removable. The HW44 moderator has two grub screws that hold it on the barrel. Loosening the grub screws allows the moderator to be removed. The pistol has a surprisingly large bark without the moderator.

Per my previous response in this thread to similar questions, a friend bought one specifically for FT only to realize the moderator makes it illegal. I'm not sure if he tried to remove the mod and couldn't, or wasn't comfortable with spending a grand on an FT pistol only to find he'd need to spend another hundred🤑 to use it.

But to answer your question, Weihrauch made the 44 illegal.:unsure: To the best of my knowledge, they haven't corrected that mistake.

However, I think the asking prices have come down since then.😉

Don't own one, but have wanted one since the first time I saw one, I just cant figure out why I should.
I was the same way. I seen them and was just drawn to it with the WANT ONE. Well several years later. Last November, I traded for one in .22. Oh boy, they shoot great, awesome trigger, feels good in my hand. Wondering why I waited so long to try one. January I bought the .177. Now I’d really like to try the HW110. So now once I recoup some funds, maybe I will find one to try.