• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How popular is the HW 44?

I have one and shoot it nearly every day in winter in my basement.
71BE92C8-71AE-45D7-A215-C0234EA2B65D.jpeg
43155544-37DE-4B1F-9061-3C92EB601981.jpeg

I have never shot a more accurate and consistent air pistol (or powder burner for that matter). Mine is in 177. They also come in 22 cal.

I have one and shoot it nearly every day in winter in my basement.View attachment 312029View attachment 312030
I have never shot a more accurate and consistent air pistol (or powder burner for that matter). Mine is in 177. They also come in 22 cal.
Very impressive! For the both of you! I just ordered 1 hope it shoots as well as yours. Do you shoot ft also? Is that a 3-12 rifle scope?

I absolutely love my HW44’s, I have both the .22 and the .177 and they both are equally accurate with the right pellet.
I prefer the .177 because it shoots flatter and faster.
But the .22 is just as accurate and it hits harder.
Today I was shooting the .177 at 30 yards trying for tight five shot groups.
You can see in the picture the group’s are the black holes lol!
It’s 30 yards, and the pistol is scoped. I’m shooing of off bags.
This pistol is pretty awesome in my opinion, like a mini rifle lol!
There was a post sometime back about a guy who altered his HW44 by removing the air tube and replacing it with the air tube from the HW100 rifle and then got many more shots per fill.
It just added a little weight and the tube extended further, but it certainly made a lot of sense with all the extra shots, and I definitely want to do it (or have it done by a professional).
Hopefully that person will speak up and tell us how it’s working.
Imagine having a couple more magazines to shoot per fill!😊

C015032A-E0C4-40F3-9C16-FA1D42B4F484.jpeg

1D7A265B-C51A-42C9-AA9F-D088D997F1AF.jpeg

Very impressive! For the both of you! I just ordered 1 hope it shoots as well as yours. Do you shoot ft also? Is that a 3-12 rifle scope?
The scope is a Bug Buster 3-12 power simply because it focuses down to 3 yards and I shoot the pistol indoors. I got mine from Airguns of Arizona and had to return it after a year because a part in the trigger group broke. They not only fixed it free of charge, they tuned the gun and set trigger to 7 ounces pull. Apparently this gun is very complicated to work on and they prefer to have you return to them for service.

I heard all those types of HW100 used basically the same frame and they are hard to work on.
BTW there is a Bullpup model and that may be a better way to go if you want a long "tube";then
again you do want a pistol grip. Seen pictures of some pistol grips and interchangeable Bullpup stocks;
one on a German pistol and stock makers website.
the HW 100 has a long history and many places to get custom wares.
What gets me is the English love the HW 100 models and I do trust their thoughts.
What I am trying to get across is you can convert your HW 44 to whatever you want.

My friend had back surgery and needed something to shoot while he recuperated. The HW44 was perfect for him. Light, accurate, excellent trigger. 20 shots per fill at 12 fpe! makes this a very capable woods walker as well. I have a Burris 2-7X32 and when equipped the pistol will shoot dime sized groups out to 50 yards. I mainly use a Vector Optics Frenzy 1-27x14 or something and it really makes the pistol. The dot is small and hitting cans at 50 yards will put a grin on your face, you will not be disappointed! Best pellet for mine has been the H&N Baracuda Match 10.65 452 head size.

A0712D4C-94B6-4FBE-8177-C8D607C2370A.jpeg

The scope is a Bug Buster 3-12 power simply because it focuses down to 3 yards and I shoot the pistol indoors. I got mine from Airguns of Arizona and had to return it after a year because a part in the trigger group broke. They not only fixed it free of charge, they tuned the gun and set trigger to 7 ounces pull. Apparently this gun is very complicated to work on and they prefer to have you return to them for service.

The HW44 is essentially the same internals as the HW110 rifle.

For clarity, they share nothing in common with the HW100.

I find the HW110 extremely EASY to work on. It comes apart like Legos! It is easy to adjust regulator pressure, adjust hammer spring preload, adjust trigger pull weight, swap hammer spring shuttles between FAC and sub12, etc.

The trigger on my HW110 breaks at 8 ounces. It is the nicest trigger I’ve ever used - and I’ve got $2k+ air rifles…

I've not owned one.

But from what I hear from others who have bought them, Weihrauch shot themselves in the foot by making the 44 illegal for BOTH kinds of pistol field target competitions. How many more could they sell if they hadn't limited their sales to non-competitors willing to spend $1000 on an air pistol?

That's not a rhetorical question.

I've not owned one.

But from what I hear from others who have bought them, Weihrauch shot themselves in the foot by making the 44 illegal for BOTH kinds of pistol field target competitions. How many more could they sell if they hadn't limited their sales to non-competitors willing to spend $1000 on an air pistol?

That's not a rhetorical question.
What makes you say this? As I understand from aoa it is legal if the silencer is removed