• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How often do you clean your barrel?

My AA S510
I pull the patchworm with double gloves it super tight in the barrel with the little thin cloth I run before the patch its self I like the groups an they fall off around 700 shots I notice it just groups like dime/nickle size at 20 yards but I want it back to .44 of an inch or same hole so I clean it like with 20 patches usually an accuracy comes back this is for my avenger bullpup .22.

What you dont clean your bore, Dont you notice the accuracy falls off after around 400 -1000 pellets depending on the gun? I always clean mine every 500 or so.
On some yes. But I just deal with it....
howeverrrrrrrr
It's been poopy weather conditions lately so I've done turned around and cleaned everyyyy singlleeeee one of my barrels. All of them! As of a few monutes ago😅🤷‍♂️
Now I get to test clean barrels 👀 : and how much it helps/what's the settle in time for each barrel after cleaning. Got a golf stroke counter clicker thingy to help out.🤗🤪🎩🤙

On some yes. But I just deal with it....
howeverrrrrrrr
It's been poopy weather conditions lately so I've done turned around and cleaned everyyyy singlleeeee one of my barrels. All of them! As of a few monutes ago😅🤷‍♂️
Now I get to test clean barrels 👀 : and how much it helps/what's the settle in time for each barrel after cleaning. Got a golf stroke counter clicker thingy to help out.🤗🤪🎩🤙
Well il tell you one thing if you clean em HARD like I do they should preform, I run patches an have to use 2 gloves a wrap it around my hand a pull it thats how tight I run my patches, Gets my hand sore sometimes after cleaning but its worth it guns is a lazer with 1 cent pellets even out to 50 yards nikle size group are easy work I acutally enjoy shooting farther a lotta the time with crossmans I push em out to 100 at about a 2.5-3 inch group, I make sure there is little to no discoloring on the patch when I finish.

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Hoping like heck that tomorrow I can try some out and see for myself which ones did/didn't like the cleaning🥴🤣🤙
I hope my blitz dont take me 60 patches like my both my avengers did when I first got em there was this rust/brown colored residue on the patch an I just had to go mr clean on it. Hand gets a bit sore pulling all em patches each time I wrap the worm around my fingers an pull it I pull with a lotta force as my patch is tight against the rifling,

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
What's considered hard lead? Crosman pellets? ...
I'd say yo yea they are like the hardest pellets around they got little bit a antimony added, But for the price I cant find anything that will perform to the level a still cost what it costs, I did tune my cross mans in took around 300 pellets finding the perfect hammer spring setting doing 5-10 shot groups till there was no fliers but once I got it dialed in Laser accurate a cheap, One avenger bull pup in .22 loved 2 turns in on hammer spring an it lasers both at around about 1900 on reg the other liked .85 on the hammer spring an it lasers, Each gun a little different, I think barrel is main variable that plays a part in it.

Yep, as MP explained, the Croman pellets tend to leave a lot of residue in the barrel that does eventually need to be cleaned out. Not so with JSBs.
R
What?, I just got 300 JSB hades .25 they look like cross mans so much flakes an dust just take a look, I clean my cross mans an even use a shower head with pressure to spray em while moving em around in the sieve making sure to get as much loose shavings out of the skirt an around the pellets,I have little to no loose flakes after cleaning, After that I finish by Oiling em with fp10 I I got a shirt cut up into a rectangle soaked with a bit of fp10 an I move em over it give each an even coat.

fds.jpg

Last edited: