How often clean your pcp guns .what you use how far you break them down

How often do you post about cleaning pcp guns and about how far they are broken down?

often.1631757257.JPG

:)

LOL I rarely clean mine. If they look dirty or are dirty, chances are I will clean it. If it doesnt cycle smoothly, I will disassemble, inspect, possibly modify, clean, and lube. Same is true for other issues. Orings all get a tiny bit of silicon grease. If I neglect one for too long and it fails somehow, I replace the oring.

Basically, disassemble it, inspect, clean, lube, rea-assemble, and then only clean when needed. Whenever you are comfortable doing this again (or uncomfortable not doing it), it's time to do it. Generally, most orings will be good for about 5 years or so.

Some barrels need cleaning often, some do not. Shoot it and see. 

Ballistol is a good general purpose cleaner. I like polishing (jb paste), de-greasing (acetone, do not get on plastic or rubber if used), cleaning with alcohol, then waxing my barrels with pure carnauba wax. Cleaning interval like this can be extended tremendously. Silicon grease is good for orings. Hydrailic oil is good for any metal on metal moving parts (cocking lever). Sometimes I use moly paste for metal on metal, but it's messy. 

I shoot my FX guns the most, well over 10,000 rounds between 3 of them in last year and half. I cleaned 2 of 9 FX barrels once when they were new, Suffice to say I don’t like cleaning them. My crosman guns also really haven’t had any cleaning with 10,000 rounds between 4 of them. 

I broke down my 6 FX guns(3 sold) to parts many many time to change configurations but have not open the valve or anything even once. Had couple of orings go dry or bad but that’s all. My crosman guns I have taken apart for tuning but that’s about it. However I had to replace at least 3 crosman gauges, they must get them from the reject bin. 

I just throw my Fortitude Gen2 in the dishwasher and turn it on "Pots and Pans". LOL!

JUST KIDDING! 

For those who believe everything they read on internet forums. (chuckle)

Other than lubing according to the manufacturer's instructions/general consensus here and on GTA, I wipe the outside of my airguns with a silicon oil saturated microfiber towel from time to time to prevent finger prints from becoming rust spots. That's about it.

Just only when I feel like it, which is rare. But, when I do I go all out with stripping the bores to a mirror finish and waxing afterwards. This lasts until I feel like doing this again. Usually just before hunting seasons when I am more motivated. Brushless bore-snakes in-between when I feel like it. These FX barrels are really smooth and don't require much cleaning. Plus, I also lube all projectiles with silicon lube which helps, too.

About every 500 shots I’ll use a weed eater string & a patch with some OOPS cleaner on it & pull it through about 3-4 times then a dry patch, then a patch with a few drops of Lucas gun oil. I turn upside down on the gun vise so the OOPS doesn’t go down the transfer port. After I run the dry patch through then I’ll flip the gun over & run the oil down the barrel.