How much LEAD is to much ..?

For the casting crowd .. I For now I cast to little because I really don't have much time.. but I been buying lead, for whenever I could really doit more often... so what you could call a retirement stash..? 5 thousand pounds.. 10 thousand pounds.. 15 thousand .? How much lead a shorter could go in a month ..? The biggest gun I got is 308 and slugs max out at 120gr .

Well in the economy of inflation for a retirement investment a large quantities of lead might reap huge profits in the future.. not very hard to store..nor does it take up too much space....also too heavy and not shiney...so no really want s to steal it.. better than stock market...lol
Yup that is what I thought .. especially when I could find it soft lead .. at 60cent a pound.. is slow to get it ..but I have managed to store so far 3 thousand pounds .. will hoard as much as I could put my hands on..😁

Yup that is what I thought .. especially when I could find it soft lead .. at 60cent a pound.. is slow to get it ..but I have managed to store so far 3 thousand pounds .. will hoard as much as I could put my hands on..😁
If you can get it for a reasonable price, I think it's worth getting as much lead as your wallet can handle. You never know what the future holds for lead. Especially if you own big bore airguns, because sometimes you just can't get a bullet that works except by casting it yourself. I think I have something like 4-500kg lead and about 10kg of Sn. The good thing is that lead does not have an expiration date ;)
And if a lead (pure) comes across at the right price, I always buy it if possible. Same with Sn.

If you could recycle most of your slugs, it would cut it down substantially. If you can’t recover, you may want to hoard as much as you have storage for.
That's why I built a sand trap in my personal, home shooting range. Go in one shovel deep and you'll find everything stops right there. Melt and reuse.

AT my gun club , anyone can pick up lead, 15 minutes and you can have a ?? pounds . Some ranges have a rules and keep lead for the range to sell .

All the ranges in CA are required to reclaim lead which also means really cheap lead ingots. It’s about the only regulation yield any positive outcome.😆

Last edited: