How much is too much...

I am no metallurgist. For that matter, I shouldn't be allowed to use sharp pointy things either.

The trunion and the frame were different metals. The slightest bit of lock tight caused a bad reaction between the metals. I would even dare say, that it was the fumes from the loctite reaction that caused the two metals to oxidize or otherwise chemically react to each other.

I would amend my above to state, be careful of loctite. I it may cause a bad reaction between aluminum and some other metals.

The RC guys have surpassed the US and Euro premium tool manufacturers for hex fits and rival the Euro's in strength IMO. The best brands for fit and strength I find are MIP, Hudy, and Arrowmax.

Thanks! I'll check them out - I'm always looking for high-quality tools. 

PS. I second McMaster-Carr, but I personally order more from their competitor, MSC Industrial. Both are great.

MSC is another good supplier, but you have to know what you're buying because they carry the garbage as well. Just make sure they call out a spec on the fasteners you're considering.

GsT

MSC is another good supplier, but you have to know what you're buying because they carry the garbage as well. Just make sure they call out a spec on the fasteners you're considering.

GsT

I like MSC too. They have a huge and diverse product selection with good pics and specs. The guys there are pretty knowledgable for a product listing that large. I agree some of their stuff is not so "industrial". They do sell smaller quantities than most industrial places with reasonalbe shipping. They run some good clearance sales with 40% or 50% off.

GsT

It was much easier when I worked in aviation maintenance, since all hardware had to be certified with traceability. Regarding MSC, I generally avoid their "Value Collection" and "Interstate" lines. Through good fortune, many if not most of the item that I order with ground shipping arrive the next day.

Sorry for the thread drift away from Loctite.

BB