How Much is to Much Scope ?

The smaller the target annnd the farther the range. When I first got into hunting with a PCP, the ground squirrels were 25-60 yards overrunning our hunting spot. Well that summer and fall we knocked out most of the close ones. Now inside 60 is a rarity. At 75-150 yards the extra magnification is welcomed. Hitting a roughly 3x5” killzone at @ 100 yards is hard enough with the extra magnification. Last summer I went top tier with a March scope and I can see my kill percentage is up at the distances the critters are availing themselves. One caveat is that the higher tier scopes don’t have poi drift throughout the magnification range, maybe that’s a problem in the less expensive scopes. It’s part of where the money goes! But yes, buy as much magnification in a quality set up as you can afford. One a side note, had I gone right to the March scope I have now instead of the three previous scopes I got over the past two years, it would have been far cheaper as of right now. Another plus is that if for some reason I wanna sell the March, they are in high demand and would not have lost a lot of money.