• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How much has your FX impact POI moved today ????🥴🥴

I don't know why so many people are having problems with this I put in a cf liner on my 700 and also the barrel holder but before I wasnt running anything and no problems with it then either
If it’s just used at least in my own experience of used as a target bench rifle and not a field rifle ( not man handling) it will change it

My only experience with an FX with the sleeve/liner design was an earlier generation Crown. POI shifts were an issue, to the extent I would never have considered it for a field rifle. The only FX rifle I have kept, is an old Royale 400, solid barrel, no shroud, about as complicated as a hammer. I'm sure the newer FX rifles have improved in this regard. But, I'm convinced of one thing; anytime you add anything to a rifle that touches the barrel, the potential for POI shifts increases significantly.

Also, when I grab the handle and lift it up, it will never sit on the barrel or scope.
nice! most folks i see prefer the picture-ready position, but potentially rests the carrying weight on the scope.

done like a pro, good job. :)
scopedcarrycase.png

Ok I think I got something!!

Apparently this straw like barrels don’t like the slightest move.

I think I got two issues.

One because of the barrel tensioner rifle didn’t fit on the case with moderator so I’ve been taking it out and putting it back. That’s one

The second is also related to barrel tensioner, supposedly I’m to find the sweet spot on I think is call indexing the barrel where I turn it clockwise or counterclockwise until I see my POI move up or down instead of left or right.

The first does makes a lot of sense because if I leave the moderato alone I don’t recall having any drastic POI change.

Hey this gives me more excuses to go shot.
Honestly, I'm not sure all of that stuff makes a lick of difference, , I do have carbon sleeves on both of my FX Mavericks 600mm and 700mm. My 600 is rock solid, even if I hit the barrel on the door jam or something. the 700, can be off .5"on both the horizontal and verticle plane at 25 yards. Now I will admit I've been screwing with it....a lot and I may not have tightened the barrel as well as I should have.

Why does FX put weak limp barrels in there guns? Just wondering ?My Marauder had a thin barrel and I bought barrel bands that helped , My Prophet barrels can be used as weapons' with NO POI change, super sturdy barrels .
Mike
So you can swap out liners, change twist rates in seconds for around 100$ Neither gun you mentioned can do that.

Can use the same liner for multiple guns too.

Last edited:
Ok I think I got something!!

Apparently this straw like barrels don’t like the slightest move.

I think I got two issues.

One because of the barrel tensioner rifle didn’t fit on the case with moderator so I’ve been taking it out and putting it back. That’s one

The second is also related to barrel tensioner, supposedly I’m to find the sweet spot on I think is call indexing the barrel where I turn it clockwise or counterclockwise until I see my POI move up or down instead of left or right.

The first does makes a lot of sense because if I leave the moderato alone I don’t recall having any drastic POI change.

Hey this gives me more excuses to go shot.
I've got an original Impact (with many Gen 2 parts) that point of impact would shift on. It was due to two things shifting. One was my Athlon scope's parallax adjustment sticking. I could see and feel the adjustment move incorrectly and throw off the point of Impact at different ranges by quite a lot. Googling showed that it was a common problem and Athlon warrantied the scope immediately. The second point of impact shift was more minute and was caused from the barrel shifting, due the sloppy fitment between the barrel tension nut and the barrel itself. There was enough slop between the two that barrel whip at the shot moved the tip of the barrel within the tension nut. To fix this I simply wrapped the end of the barrel with a couple layers of Teflon tape to remove any movement. Now when the tension nut is tightened over the barrel and into the tube, the barrel centers itself within the nut and can't move.

Last edited:
I was discussing this with another member yesterday, one who I would call my hero, btw, and we both seemed to agree we think a lot of it has to do with the flex between the two blocks.

So, play this out in your head:

You’ve pulled your gun out of its case, set up on a bench, fired and your last sight in is now off. So you go about your sight in business, each time leaning into your bipod, and cheek against the cheek rest. You are applying a forward and down push pressure, and cheek against the cheek rest sideways and down. It’s going to all be different if using a rear bag or monopod, and depending on time of day thst can affect things also. You resight in and a week later the sight in is off again. Typically at worst an 1” up/down and an 1” left or right. I think while in the case the gun settled back.

I’ve noticed since I installed the AM back bone rail my groups are only one to two shots and back on the zero I left it at, as I have addressed the o ring sticktion to the valve rod inside the PP. I was just telling someone the other day my impacts are near perfect in performance, finally, so long as I follow proper shooting techniques. That backbone rail was heaven sent, as it really makes the impact feel like a one piece, solid unit. You really have to shoot an impact with one installed to see and feel the difference when compared to the factory rail. The AM back bone rail is very well designed and machined👍🤛😃

Last edited:
Reactions: qball and Recarga
I am shooting my .25 Impact 50 and 100 meter rings only, with a 50x high power scope and I can see clearely the POI holes. I am always taking out my liner for cleaning and next day range time max 2-3 clicks off until burns in. But that could be a temperature and air density change as well, I don't care.... 2-3 clicks only. Since last summer I didn't adjusted my scope for more then those 2-3 clicks L-R.
Oh, forgot, under the tank I have the long ST arca rail .... last year I was shooting off a heavy duty tripod and this year I am shooting from one piece rest, I tried bipods and those gizmos not to my liking.

I was discussing this with another member yesterday, one who I would call my hero, btw, and we both seemed to agree we think a lot of it has to do with the flex between the two blocks.

So, play this out in your head:

You’ve pulled your gun out of its case, set up on a bench, fired and your last sight in is now off. So you go about your sight in business, each time leaning into your bipod, and cheek against the cheek rest. You are applying a forward and down push pressure, and cheek against the cheek rest sideways and down. It’s going to all be different if using a rear bag or monopod, and depending on time of day thst can affect things also. You resight in and a week later the sight in is off again. Typically at worst an 1” up/down and an 1” left or right. I think while in the case the gun settled back.

I’ve noticed since I installed the AM back bone rail my groups are only one to two shots and back on the zero I left it at, as I have addressed the o ring sticktion to the valve rod inside the PP. I was just telling someone the other day my impacts are near perfect in performance, finally, so long as I follow proper shooting techniques. That backbone rail was heaven sent, as it really makes the impact feel like a one piece, solid unit. You really have to shoot an impact with one installed to see and feel the difference when compared to the factory rail. The AM back bone rail is very well designed and machined👍🤛😃

I’ve hear good things about the backbone rail, only thing is it makes it heavier but I guess if we want a light system we can’t really ask too much.