• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How much has your FX impact POI moved today ????šŸ„“šŸ„“

Well today a record was set, a full 4ā€ to the left at 50!!!yards the point of impact shifted. Thatā€™s probably 8ā€ at 100 yards šŸ˜³šŸ˜¤šŸ˜­šŸ¤ÆšŸ˜¢šŸ¤¬šŸ˜”

I think Iā€™m going to call this rifle my
FX Impact shift M4ā€.

If it wasnā€™t because this rifle shoots so damn accurate ( after I correct the POI ) I would be very disappointed.

This is not a 700mm is a 600 mm.
Tensioner barrel
Carbon fiber sleeve
I just canā€™t trust this rifle anymore.

I still think it is an amazing rifle but the more I get to know it the more I think is more of a bench rifle and treat it like if its made of glass.

Last edited:
As an FX guy I am following this. I am not saying it doesnā€™t happen. Heard it too many times. Three Mavericks, Two M3ā€™s and I have never witnessed this. All of my guns see very little bench time. They are hunters and field plinkers. Like the OP, I have considerable money in these guns and I donā€™t baby them or abuse them.
My Impact shifted once but the cause was obvious. I stood it against a rail fence at the feed lot I hunt and it slid off and hit the ground before I could catch it. Other than that it has never lost itā€™s zero.
I wonder if the tolerance in the barrel hole in the block is too much? If it ainā€™t the scope and you can bring it back to zero then lose it again, something about the barrel is causing the shift.
Have you spoken to FX directly about it? If not it would be the next obvious step to resolution.

As an FX guy I am following this. I am not saying it doesnā€™t happen. Heard it too many times. Three Mavericks, Two M3ā€™s and I have never witnessed this. All of my guns see very little bench time. They are hunters and field plinkers. Like the OP, I have considerable money in these guns and I donā€™t baby them or abuse them.
My Impact shifted once but the cause was obvious. I stood it against a rail fence at the feed lot I hunt and it slid off and hit the ground before I could catch it. Other than that it has never lost itā€™s zero.
I wonder if the tolerance in the barrel hole in the block is too much? If it ainā€™t the scope and you can bring it back to zero then lose it again, something about the barrel is causing the shift.
Have you spoken to FX directly about it? If not it would be the next obvious step to resolution.
I did and donā€™t get me wrong after the barrel tensioner and carbon fiber liner itā€™s been better.
One thing they suggested was to always store it in the FX case which I do but sometimes I use an AR bag.

Iā€™m really not complaining I just donā€™t feel comfortable with it. Itā€™s like a car that the transmission has been fixed it just doesnā€™t feel the same.

Reactions: Stone02 and L.Leon
I did and donā€™t get me wrong after the barrel tensioner and carbon fiber liner itā€™s been better.
One thing they suggested was to always store it in the FX case which I do but sometimes I use an AR bag.

Iā€™m really not complaining I just donā€™t feel comfortable with it. Itā€™s like a car that the transmission has been fixed it just doesnā€™t feel the same.
If my FX guns did that I would be shooting a Daystate, Brocock, RAW etc.
it should have not happened without all the add on items. Those are meant to enhance not rectify a guns performance.

Reactions: 450BM
For outdoor rough use I have installed a solid barrel on my Impact M3.

OEM barrels are very good for benchrest.

20220925_183721.jpg

Reactions: Stone02
Ok I think I got something!!

Apparently this straw like barrels donā€™t like the slightest move.

I think I got two issues.

One because of the barrel tensioner rifle didnā€™t fit on the case with moderator so Iā€™ve been taking it out and putting it back. Thatā€™s one

The second is also related to barrel tensioner, supposedly Iā€™m to find the sweet spot on I think is call indexing the barrel where I turn it clockwise or counterclockwise until I see my POI move up or down instead of left or right.

The first does makes a lot of sense because if I leave the moderato alone I donā€™t recall having any drastic POI change.

Hey this gives me more excuses to go shot.