• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How much energy left at 218yds?

Take it nobody else has a video then
1f604.svg

A video of what?

How about you do some work here. 

My video of the shot was slowed down by 10x. See if you can do as nervoustrig has spelled out and time the flight.

If all you're going to do is keep asking for me to Chrono at 218yds, you may as well just leave.

1f604.svg

A video of what?

My video of the shot was slowed down by 10x. See if you can do as nervoustrig has spelled out and time the flight.

If all you're going to do is keep asking for me to Chrono at 218yds, you may as well just leave.

Bob I'm asking for proof to the claim yourself & others take, as i don't believe this to be true,its just a difference of opinion. 

Not just me i might add have also said about a chrony test. 

Afterall it was you Bob who invited me from YouTube onto here to discuss it further on a thread you yourself created. 

I thought the US has the freedom of speech written in law, yet you ask me to leave this thread due to not agreeing with you. 

1f604.svg

A video of what?

Bob I'm asking for proof to the claim yourself & others take, as i don't believe this to be true,its just a difference of opinion. 

Pompous ignorance, is a well practiced English trait. You made the claim it has 5fpe at that distance. Wheres your proof to back up your statement? Your ham handed inputs on chairgun??

Gtfo.

1f604.svg

A video of what?

Pompous ignorance, is a well practiced English trait. You made the claim it has 5fpe at that distance. Wheres your proof to back up your statement? Your ham handed inputs on chairgun??

Gtfo.

Sorry i don't have the setup Bob has to do a chrony test but would if i did. 

1f604.svg

A video of what?

Gtfo.

So you call him out publicly with not knowing the BC of the projectile and not knowing that a slug has a different aerodynamic profile than a diabolo pellet.

Maybe you should do some more research? Education is key, Bob needs to prove nothing to you as YOU made the claim its 5fpe.

Back it up or piss off.

1f604.svg

A video of what?

Gtfo.

So you call him out publicly with not knowing the BC of the projectile and not knowing that a slug has a different aerodynamic profile than a diabolo pellet.

Maybe you should do some more research? Education is key, Bob needs to prove nothing to you as YOU made the claim its 5fpe.

Back it up or piss off.

Im not the one making the claim of 40 fpe @218 yards & neither do i have the setup to do my own test as ive previously stated. 

My opinion to such claims are invalid. 

So to recap, you watched Bob's video in which he claims nothing about retained energy. You then plug in some incorrect numbers into chairgun and get some number. You throw this number in his face and challenge him, he then says using the BC provided by the manufacturer and speed that it still has 40fpe.

He is using a known BC and speed. You are using a crow magnum equivalent BC and a pellet profile to get your number. Who is full of poop? Who made the initial it only has 5.2fpe at x distance claim?

You and you, a real man can admit he's wrong. Are you a real man?

So to recap, you watched Bob's video in which he claims nothing about retained energy. You then plug in some incorrect numbers into chairgun and get some number. You throw this number in his face and challenge him, he then says using the BC provided by the manufacturer and speed that it still has 40fpe.

He is using a known BC and speed. You are using a crow magnum equivalent BC and a pellet profile to get your number. Who is full of poop? Who made the initial it only has 5.2fpe at x distance claim?

The claim bob stated in my opinion is wrong,the BC input can however say this as being correct with a different input value but i doubt the BC value given to produce 40fpe @ 218 yards,POI would need to be around 670 fps to achieve this. 

So as nobody can prove this on video, i take this as unproven 

The claim bob stated in my opinion is wrong,the BC input can however say this as being correct with a different input value but i doubt the BC value given to produce 40fpe @ 218 yards,POI would need to be around 670 fps to achieve this. 

I'm staying out of this other than asking a 'simple' series of questions....

Do you use a chrony at all? (only point being that the readings are derived from math embedded in the programming)

Do you actually use chairgun or the like to plot your pellet trajectory? If so, have it you gotten it to match actual results on target at a variety of distances? (only points being that 1. the right BC is required, and 2. it's all math)

I think you'd have a tough time convincing anyone that slugs DON'T have a substantially better BC than pellets and that what you used to drive your math isn't inferior to some pellets, certainly most slugs.... AND that BC is a real factor in projectile trajectory... Search for it, there is plenty.

Now you will notice, I hope, that I'm not supporting one claim vs the other or anything in between but I'm left with the feeling that your calling BC something less than real while saying that long established trajectory programs are rubbish.

I'm out. you guys have fun.

You seem to be a big fan of proof but keep dodging my request to back up your original comment regarding 5fpe at 218y. Why dont you start there then we can move on to what Bob said.

Yes i own a chrony, yes i own several FAC also, I'm not saying a slug isn't more efficient than a pellet but the claims of 40 fpe @ 218 yards is hard for me to believe. 

Yes always best to stay out of confrontation but as i was invited to come on this thread by Bob, i will stand my ground regardless if I'm told to piss off by some & by Bob asking me to leave 😄 

I seem to have a anti Brit crew on this forum thread 😏 

POI would need to be around 670 fps to achieve this.

You're using the acronym "POI" wrong.

POI or point of impact is used to describe where a projectile struck the target in relation to the point of aim.

You'd do well to listen to Mr O'Connor in this exchange because is correct. There's nothing wrong with making a mistake as long as you learn from it.

Yes i own a chrony, yes i own several FAC also, I'm not saying a slug isn't more efficient than a pellet but the claims of 40 fpe @ 218 yards is hard for me to believe. 

Yes always best to stay out of confrontation but as i was invited to come on this thread by Bob, i will stand my ground regardless if I'm told to piss off by some & by Bob asking me to leave
1f604.svg

I seem to have a anti Brit crew on this forum thread
1f60f.svg

Doesn't matter where you're from if you can't backup your words. You seemed pretty condescending in the comment section, bad start I suppose. So about that proof regarding 5fpe at 218. Still waiting for that. (Your attitude started this don't forget that)

You seem to be a big fan of proof but keep dodging my request to back up your original comment regarding 5fpe at 218y. Why dont you start there then we can move on to what Bob sfor.... .t

I stated, being more like 5fpe then Bob said it would be 40 fpe, as ive stated numerous times i dont have the setup to do such a test.

9... I don't have the gun, range or slugs to test. Nothing anti-brit from me. Just pointing out that (to me) you simply don't believe the BC or math. They kinda go hand in hand in the programs mentioned and that if you have used one or both to truly match your pellet trajectory at longer ranges it would be less of an issue. If th BC is wrong, your not going to match program to hands on results. It's much less of an issue at 25y, at 200+ yup.... I have an extra chrony and will happily send it to anyone willing to test down range velocity under the same circumstances. (if you don't want to risk shooting your own at 200+y). I'd be curious of the results too.....

I have recently done exhaustive field testing with slugs ranging from 25.4gr to 45gr. It’s a .25 caliber not a .22 but that’s irrelevant. What is relevant is that I have validated all of the numbers I get out of ChairGun pro and have cronographed all of it. I know when I enter numbers in Chair Gun that they are going to be accurate within a few clicks, 1-2 inches or a few ft. lbs. The key is that you have to enter the correct data to get accurate results. Meaning...the correct aerodynamic profile of the projectile, the correct BC, environmental factors, wind, etc... Many of us that shoot long distance very often, like Bob does, know when the numbers are close or not just by looking at them. I think most of us that shoot a lot saw 5ft. lbs. and knew something was way wrong. When I entered the data the first time, I think I got a reading of 22ft. lb. or something like that and I used a BC of .079. When I used the BC of .0114, the reading came out something like 35ft. lbs. I don’t know you, have no ill will or anything like that at all. However, Bob is a friend to myself and many others on AGN, he and I have talked on the phone and e-mail’s many times about stuff like this and I know he knows his stuff, as do I, Dale, Glen and many others. It just seems that if you are going to make a claim of 5ft. lbs. you would at least know to enter the correct BC, aerodynamic profile and other factors that are so critical to calculate ft. lbs. at a given distance. Telling Bob he needs to use a chronograph to validate your argument makes no sense at all. We that shoot often know that a projectile with a BC of .0114 going 863+fps will have more than 5ft.lbs. at 218yds. I think you may have a misconception of the aerodynamics and lethality of a slug at distance. It’s importtant to remember that a slug has a BC around three times more efficient than a Diablo pellet and carries energy and velocity at distance much more efficiently. Enter the correct data into ChairGun and you will get a 218yd ft. lb. of energy reading of between 34-40lbs. No need for a chronograph. It’s okay to be disagree and discuss this stuff civilly. Either agree to disagree or if you are wrong, just try to learn from it and move on. There are a ton of super knowledgeable people on this board, it’s a great environment for learning. Even the best, most seasoned shooters can learn something here, every day. Have a great weekend. 

Stoti