• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How much difference will I see?

I have a fx crown in 30 Cal and have the chance to purchase a used 22 Cal barrel set for it . The only problem is it's only 500mm and I'm worried it will not get enough speed up to shoot slugs out to 200 yards . I was thinking the 600 at least maybe the 700 just to get the extra speed . Do you guys/gals know how much difference there will be between the 500 and the 700 . 

Or better yet is there anyone shooting the 500mm barrel out to 200 and beyond ?

Thanks 

Dan 

Ok thanks for your input

Jonasw 

I would be happy getting 892 with 21 g slugs . How are your groups and what distances are you shooting the slugs out to? And your not having any trouble shooting slugs out of the pellet liner ? I read somewhere that the pellet liner was chokes and therefore not good for slugs. ( I'm still a newbie ) so I may be wrong on that .

Dan 

I haven't tested them out longer then 15m yet. I have -10C and snow here in Sweden. At that range they are hole in hole, but 15m isn't much to brag about. ;)

But I might test some this weekend out to 50m. I can write back here after that.

You are correct, most slugs don't perform well in standard pellet liners. But FX hybrid slugs, H&N and some of the Nielsen perform very good/great in the normal pellet liner.