• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How much Air is in my Carbon Fiber Tank?

Yep … just put a dead head on the line coming out of the tank and open the valve. The gage will show you how much air is in the tank. Afterwards close the valve and bleed the line down. If you don't bleed the line down and somehow get the dead head off the hose, it will take off like a bullet. If you've never worked with high pressure air before, it ain't hard to get hurt real bad … be careful until you get the basics down pat.

Yep … just put a dead head on the line coming out of the tank and open the valve. The gage will show you how much air is in the tank. Afterwards close the valve and bleed the line down. If you don't bleed the line down and somehow get the dead head off the hose, it will take off like a bullet. If you've never worked with high pressure air before, it ain't hard to get hurt real bad … be careful until you get the basics down pat.

Thanks for the reply. Just to be on the safe side, how about sticking the deadhead end into a heavy towel? Hopefully if the deadhead blasts out the heavy towel will contain or slow the deadhead/bullet from doing damage. This High Pressure stuff is scary so better safe than sorry.

The only reason(s) the dead head would “blast” from the quick disconnect would be if it was poorly made or you did not properly install it.

Using a quality part, make sure the DH is fully engaged into the quick disconnect. Point the DH in a safe direction and slowly open the tank valve.

Don’t forget to bleed the pressure in the line and don’t put your hand over the DH towel or no towel until pressure is removed from the line.

Yeah Dave, that's what I was talking about … removing the dead head once you have the reading about how much air is in the tank. Methinks "pooterjoe" is new to pcps and I know he is new to compressors, just wanted to make sure he didn't forget to bleed the line down before attempting to pull the dead head off. I'm not even sure he could pull the quick connect back far enough to dis-engage the dead head with it under pressure… haven't got the nerve to try it myself. Some things just ain't worth trying to find out LOL! I like my hearing and the walls in my house to much to play around like that just to answer a question.