How many use their air guns to defend the family garden and from what raiders?

Armadillo is the big one for us. They’ll plow your garden up looking for insects and worms. Killed two with a Hatsan mod 125. One ran under the shed and died. Found him a couple days later. Shot one about a week ago with my XS60C. Forgot I’d already run 25 or 30 shots through the gun without changing carts. Watched the pellet bounce off.
Same here, like little tillers. Another trick to use my have a heart trap on those guys it to make a massive funnel with 2x6 lumber with the trap in the center. Once they get inside the funnel they are too stupid to figure it out and get caught. When I have a problem animal, I set up the trap and hunt them. If its lucky it gets a free ride to the country on my way to work. If not, it gets a JSB King.

Starlings and grackles cleaning out the suet. We have lots of woodpeckers and songbirds but the starlings will show up in a pack, chase away all the other birds and eat three days worth of food in one day. I've shot over 50 since May with a RWS 34 .177. There are fewer now and only the smart ones are left. Squirrels are next. Seven or eight at a time in the yard digging up plants and tearing up the bird food. I put 6 inch duct around the feeder poles to prevent climbing and they jump down about ten feet from the maple tree overhead, catch a perch and go to town.
Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 21.38.59.png

Well I don't have a garden to defend as of yet maybe next year. But I am new to airguns and just got into them for the fact I have Raccoons, groundhogs and chipmunks tearing up my backyard area. The rabbits and squirrels don't damage my lawn at all. I just got my first Umarex Surgemax Elite .22 cal which I think will be effective against the chipmunks no problem. The Coons and groundhogs I'm a bit skeptical about shooting with this until I am sure I can get a clean humane kill. I have a family of coons nesting somewhere on or near my property I counted 9 from about 5=15 lbs from the looks of them and make nightly visits through my yard digging up my patches of new lawn. also eating up the bark on my trees.
As a side note, I do get a family of deer daily also...a deer hunter dream when they get bigger. They seem to have no fear as I found out. Maybe one day Ill get a bigbore air rifle in .50 cal lol

thumbnail_IMG_1744.jpg

Man, y'all are having all the fun. Attached is a pest from Saturday of 4th of July weekend. Dang thing was IN MY GARAGE! My wife made a noise I've never heard before. Fortunately, didn't have to shoot him. Only legal here if they go after you or your dogs, and our Great Pyrenees was good and didn't run back in the garage when his momma screamed. First gator we've ever seen on the property. Killed a water moccasin 4th of July morning with CO2 pistol. Have to see if Kim took any pics, I didn't. Occasional armadillo. We leave the squirrels alone, our Pyr has added them to his flock ha ha. Haven't seen a coyote in a long time. One mangy one met Oso Blanco a few years back and I think he ran back and told the others. But, you never know.

Gator_Sized.jpg

Man, y'all are having all the fun. Attached is a pest from Saturday of 4th of July weekend. Dang thing was IN MY GARAGE! My wife made a noise I've never heard before. Fortunately, didn't have to shoot him. Only legal here if they go after you or your dogs, and our Great Pyrenees was good and didn't run back in the garage when his momma screamed. First gator we've ever seen on the property. Killed a water moccasin 4th of July morning with CO2 pistol. Have to see if Kim took any pics, I didn't. Occasional armadillo. We leave the squirrels alone, our Pyr has added them to his flock ha ha. Haven't seen a coyote in a long time. One mangy one met Oso Blanco a few years back and I think he ran back and told the others. But, you never know.

View attachment 275357
thats crazy

For me at my property it’s the ground squirrels and chipmunks. They eat down all the vegetation to where it doesn’t quite die, but also barely grows and they eat any new growth every morning. Also destroy the yard with big holes and dig under garages and sheds. Usually get two waves of them spring and summer. Difficult to manage and clean up if you’re not on top of it weekly. Chipmunks come for the feed. If uncontrolled cost about $50 a month in lost money.
1AF62CCE-7037-43FB-8CBA-0564ED582628.jpeg
F3A66902-6695-4531-976C-74E7BDA9A84E.jpeg
A0C1E011-1845-4D98-A1A6-E50E17663620.jpeg

Needed to take out ground squirrels that were eating the roots (and killing the trees) of seedlings I plant at a burn scar restoration job I have near Pine, Colorado. That’s how I got into air-gunning about 3 years ago. Currently using a Brocock Sniper XR in .22 shooting 23 grain Zan slugs (that impact pop is LOUD, lol). Looking to upgrade to maybe a Crown II when I can afford it.

All right I have a new one. Everyone in our area has a bad wasp problem. Started last summer continued this summer. I was zeroing a new scope on a springer and had just finished at 20 yards when one started flying around my target and landed for a second. He is no more! Tried to get a picture of the wing stuck to target but wind blew it away. I have a witness though 😁

Reactions: maxtrouble