How many use their air guns to defend the family garden and from what raiders?

I live along a dry wash in S Az. Washes are animal hiways including lots of coyotes and javalina, the occasional bobcat and a good sized mountain lion. The lion has been killing goats and the javalina will dig under fences to get to water and veggies and fruit. About 7 of them took out most of our garden recently. I'm in the process of buying a .357 AEA Challenger bullpup to try to take care of future intruders. I have powder burners but preferer not to scare the neighbors. Im gonna put a silencer on the Challenger. Not to mention rabbits. Rabbits are a constant nuisance. Killed 2 the other day with my modified1322 at about 15 yards. Made a nice meal.

Condor .25 shooting jsb 34 mkll put this guy to sleep. Had a big appetite for chickens. My buddy chicken farm.
20201104_105409.jpg
20201104_111752.jpg
20201104_112612_HDR.jpg

Shambozzie impressive.
I got a raccoon Thursday. I was going to bed about 11:15 dead tired, was raking all day. I’m just 4 ft. from bedroom door and a raccoon catches my eye out front window. Like I got hit with a pail of water I’m in attack mode. Had to go down and grab a rifle . TX200 Hunter .22, Hades and my underwear. Turn off alarm and out front deck. He was heading for my wood shop, I scanned for a while, gone, just about shot the round off and I looked back by tree and shore. Bingo. Got her. Been after that one a while. Surprisingly only my second raccoon ever. Tree rats are my concern. Crow

We get squirrels, rabbits, possums, raccoons, skunks, rats plus other hungry pest communities. Just completed an avocado grove slow quiet night shift not much business a couple of skunks & numerous rats. We've got sort of a deal with our oddly adopted coyotes and bob cat, we do the bagging and they do the meal taking. This understanding has worked out just fine for all parties, even got a pair of non union foxes to join. Nightshift Prod
IMG_20210423_071751563.jpg

Reactions: douger and L.Leon
Defend the garden from Raccoons and groundhogs or fox.. groundhogs are few and far between here so are fox. so I trapped ground hogs in a live traps in a couple of days and relocated them at the back of the farm. Fox were detoured by solar lights... but the mighty raccoon who not only eat my vegetables they love checking out the chicken and guinea coop for weaknesses. Pooping on firewood stacks...Nobody traps or hunts them much now a days so we have ALOT of them. Those guys meet a variety of airguns in 22. Sometimes 25 if its handy..

got lotta garden pests here chipmunks -tree rats and last year a family of trash pandas i got. shot the little one first and momma coon tries to grab it take it up the tree. nope to heavy ,she took it behind a barrel then later that night i got her on top of a trash can, 1shot to the head 18 gr fx with my impact straight down she a damn big coon as the wheel barrel is pretty good size
IMG_2829.JPG
IMG_9293.JPG
DVKR1462.JPG

Raccoon wandering during the day was why I got in to airguns 7 years ago. Needed a quieter way that my father's .22lr...lol.
Have a creek behind the house they wander up from and get squirrels, woodchucks and the occasional raccoon.
Only June and already at 38 squirrels, 5 woodchucks and 1 raccoon so far.
Also makes the neighbors pretty happy their flower beds and gardens aren't getting torn up so bad.
Got this one Friday and the bandit about a month ago.

woodchuck 6-24-2022.jpg

Trash panda 5-25-2022.jpg

I have shot over 50 Squirrels in one year and it seems it did not put a small dent in their population. However, they now scatter as soon as I touch my back door knob.

ThomasT
I believe that. A few years ago we had so many squirrels running around that I could take out 30-40 a week no problem. It didn't really seem to matter. Nature has a way of filling a vacuum.

Reactions: darylm and ThomasT
If i had a house, and so also some property, then the chance of a pest problem are even smaller i think than a possible problem with humans,,,,, and i can not have problems with humans,,,, at least not to a degree where i could do something about it myself, just exercising my F&F magnum ( Fist & Foot ) could land me in trouble.
My job as a Dane are to in any way be a victim and feel good in that role, until the government save me, and most here do that just fine.

Rats and seagulls are about the only pests i hear mentioned here, rats are also getting out of hand as it is a down prioritized area, seagulls too but mainly in and around larger towns where there are lots of alternative food sources it seem.