• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How many shots?

Most of my shooting is in the basement @10m. I stalk the neighbors and sneak out when no one is around.

Number of rounds is dependent on my Handler and how much time I am allowed. I shoot at least once every two weeks, average 50 to 100 shots. Never more than 200.

She said last night the she was gonna shut my basement range down, without reason. I said ok, but then I will need to step up to several quieter guns, $1500 to $2000 each so I can shoot out doors more quietly.
Impasse, for now.

I know who I’m sending my next springer to when it needs broken in. It takes me forever to get a tin through one just plinking. Now give me a bunch of pellets to test or scope settings, then I can shoot a bunch. I’m strange I guess. Or just not a plinker anymore.
Sounds like you need some better targets! As your doctor, I prescribe 100 pellets a day at tin cans. Something about slowly destroying a tin can strung up on some paracord makes me giggle. Especially when you hit the can JUST RIGHT and it disintegrates in your scope picture. Then start on the next can!

I stop when it would no longer be productive to continue. Usually between 25 and 50 shots. If I haven't figured it out by then, I'm not likely to. Although I also make a point of stopping when things are going well, in the hopes of retaining good habits. I don't want to end a shooting session frustrated.
I do the same with my archery shooting. It all boils down to knowing when to say when.

Most of my shooting is in the basement @10m. I stalk the neighbors and sneak out when no one is around.

Number of rounds is dependent on my Handler and how much time I am allowed. I shoot at least once every two weeks, average 50 to 100 shots. Never more than 200.

She said last night the she was gonna shut my basement range down, without reason. I said ok, but then I will need to step up to several quieter guns, $1500 to $2000 each so I can shoot out doors more quietly.
Impasse, for now.
I set up a range in my basement 2 yrs. ago. Pellets everywhere. Put an end to it when the wife punched 4 holes in the drywall.
“Some mornings I wake up grouchy.
Other mornings I let her sleep in”
Crow

Reactions: wolfmangreg
Sounds like you need some better targets! As your doctor, I prescribe 100 pellets a day at tin cans. Something about slowly destroying a tin can strung up on some paracord makes me giggle. Especially when you hit the can JUST RIGHT and it disintegrates in your scope picture. Then start on the next can!
Your on. When I go to my buddies range in the Algonkin Park area we shoot cans. To annihilate them, it’s a blast. He nails them to the trees. Thanks Doc. Crow

Crow, The leg less fly is still considered a kill. Doesn’t matter how you shut them down.
We are talking about dangerous game and there’s really no room for emotion or second thoughts…
It all boils down to “it’s him or me”.
So we take whatever shot presents itself.

Holes in drywall lol!
I bet my ex-wife would have balked at my indoor pellet trap.
The two holes in the drywall were because of a down draft wind as far as I can tell.
99873E32-3DCB-48A4-97E8-AAE38519CB0E.jpeg

Reactions: maxtrouble
I shoot into a box that orprinter came in. Nice heavy cardboard filled with rubber mulch. When the face gets really shot up some debris and a pellet or two may fallout. No holes in the crappy paneling behind it. But there is a piece of plywood behind just in case.

That’s when it’s time to tip it on its back and replace the face with a new piece of cardboard. One of these days I will empty it, there is close to 10k pellets in there.

Crow, The leg less fly is still considered a kill. Doesn’t matter how you shut them down.
We are talking about dangerous game and there’s really no room for emotion or second thoughts…
It all boils down to “it’s him or me”.
So we take whatever shot presents itself.

Holes in drywall lol!
I bet my ex-wife would have balked at my indoor pellet trap.
The two holes in the drywall were because of a down draft wind as far as I can tell.View attachment 271522
Thanks for clarifying the kill.
The picture I took of my table was with my I-pad, camera is crap. Here’s a pic with my phone. I thought my eye was better than that. C784D017-9C48-4715-822A-0878C11D930C.jpeg If you didn’t post the flies, this probably wouldn’t of happened. I’m thinking of zeroing a scope for 11 inches, be ready.
The 4 holes was from only 10 shots. I bought her a couple pistols. Huge mistake, she gave it up, what a relief.
Time out. Just got a black nutter real time, # 50.
When I first saw your trap I thought it was a welding mask.
The downdraft is from the furnace. Crow

I shoot into a box that orprinter came in. Nice heavy cardboard filled with rubber mulch. When the face gets really shot up some debris and a pellet or two may fallout. No holes in the crappy paneling behind it. But there is a piece of plywood behind just in case.

That’s when it’s time to tip it on its back and replace the face with a new piece of cardboard. One of these days I will empty it, there is close to 10k pellets in there.
I used metal traps that were noisy. The mulch would be much quieter. I found the metal traps also allowed ricochets. Crow

I shoot everyday as I live in the forest of PA and I’m retired. 300-400 shots a week is good. My shooting table is set up in the garage and I open the back door to my target setup. Rain or shine, day or night I can shoot. Even have a squirrel house in the trees for when the occasion presents itself
Doesn’t get much better my friend. Enjoy.
I as well always have 2 shooting table ready and very convenient. I may shoot 3-4 or maybe 6-7 times a day. Crow

Buy a full sheet of 3/4” plywood and stand it up behind the target. If necessary, cut the plywood sheet in half to double the thickness.
I had a half sheet of 3/4 ply, she missed that too. You mean do the whole wall. She gave up, I fixed wall.
1000, nothing wrong with that.
I know some guys say quality not quantity. But what’s wrong with a quantity of quality. I make every shot count. If I’m fatigued, I quit. I have several rifles to change it up and keep it interesting. Crow