How many shots?

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
For the last month and a half I’ve been trying feverishly to finish a landscaping job I started 4 yrs. ago with no slacking off. My mind has no problem finishing but the body seems to have a union and is striking. It has seriously attacked my shooting time.
I normally shoot 200 to 300 rounds daily. Not all at once, my range is convenient, 20 ft. from my back door and under a covered porch 48 ft. wide. I have a stable table at each end which gives my a different angles to shoot. If I have time for 20 rounds I’m on. Rain or shine, 80 deg. or 10 deg., day or nite I have flood lamps. (really enjoy nite shooting) and always with the sound of the Blues in the background.
My range is ratty, still in early construction (halted) due to the fact of saving the marriage and get the landscaping done first.
I don’t think I fired 200 rounds all week. Now I got the shakes from not feeding my addiction.
How many rounds do you shoot daily? weekly?
Crow
If anyone has pictures of ranges I still have a few weeks to decide changes.

For the last month and a half I’ve been trying feverishly to finish a landscaping job I started 4 yrs. ago with no slacking off. My mind has no problem finishing but the body seems to have a union and is striking. It has seriously attacked my shooting time.
I normally shoot 200 to 300 rounds daily. Not all at once, my range is convenient, 20 ft. from my back door and under a covered porch 48 ft. wide. I have a stable table at each end which gives my a different angles to shoot. If I have time for 20 rounds I’m on. Rain or shine, 80 deg. or 10 deg., day or nite I have flood lamps. (really enjoy nite shooting) and always with the sound of the Blues in the background.
My range is ratty, still in early construction (halted) due to the fact of saving the marriage and get the landscaping done first.
I don’t think I fired 200 rounds all week. Now I got the shakes from not feeding my addiction.
Crow
Hey Crowski, being away from shooting is the same as being away from sex. Very short learning curve. Lol

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
I don't have a set schedule when it comes to shooting. How much I shoot depends on things like the weather and what needs to be done around the house and property. I'm retired and I can shoot my air guns in the back yard so I do get to shoot them often.
I also spend time shooting powder burners so that also cuts into my air gun shooting time.

Reactions: crowski
Crowski, I'm in the same boat with landscape and garden. Seems like every day there’s something. When I can get to go to range, I tend to shoot a couple hundred rounds. In winter, I shoot in basement (pistols) and shoot around 50 shots nearly every day. I also shoot indoors at our Sportsman's Club 25 yard range in winter and shoot till I'm bored or tired os shooting.

If I'm lucky, I get 100 - 200 in on a weekend, weather and toddler permitting.
When I can't get out, I can usually do other airgun related things like my Beeman SS1000T project.
Oh, and since you requested range ideas, here's mine. Just a square frame on tv stand legs, backed by a 4x6 stall mat and floor rug combination. Gives me a nice platform for all kinds of targets.

20220528_133141.jpg

Crow
Shooting 200-300 rounds per day with a springer must give you arms like King Kong!

Reactions: moodyblues
I have a couple guns that I’m trying to find what I would consider perfection with them. Any time I make a change or disassemble them, it’s a whole barrage of shooting to find a good setting. These two guns essentially burn me out on shooting for a while. I just did an unregulated gun. It required a FX amount of lead as I tested different mods, pressures and bell curves. I don’t even want to look at that gun for a while. The good thing is it’s ready to go when I recover. For me it’s weird. I want all my guns to be grab and go. No flip flopping calibers and constantly adjusting them. But there’s a side of me that after a while, I would poke a good gun with a stick to aggravate it. Then I could get some serious range time with a purpose. I all but quit doing that with most of my guns. By owning two of a certain make of gun and shooting slugs, there is always the have to shoot, not the I want to shoot. I think I’m kinda like dizzums, I only like to shoot with a purpose. Either testing/tuning or taking out a critter. Endlessly shooting at paper or spinners to impress myself won‘t fill the shots per week hole. Quality shots per week for me does. Be it 3 or 300.

Much depends if I change scopes and have to re-zero guns or not, ususally I take a few shots to check zero before a hunt otherwise I don't just shoot for just for shooting, unless I move scopes around and need to zero guns.

......on the other hand I can take 100 plus shots a day training quick draw and double tap with my Tangfolio 1911

Reactions: crowski
200-300 daily is ripe brother.

I’m lucky if I get a 250 round tin every week !

Just shooting crosman metal targets off of Amazon (dueling tree, squirrel , spinner ) I can attest they will all take my .22 Benjamin no problem
I have the dueling tree in both rim fire and pellet. The rim fire is too much for the springer to move. The pellet tree the springs are so loose, I’ve lost one. Crow