• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How many pumps to fill these pcp rifles?

I understand your logic... I really dont have a problem pumping I am tall and strong enough and I have the patience for pumping. I dont want to spend money on compressor its not for my budget... But I would be stupid if I bought the hardest to pump pcp so thats why Im trying to figure out the whole pumping calculation
Shoot a big bore then, you won’t be strong after pumping 500 pumps every 3-6 shot 😀 pumps are for chumps 😀

Reactions: Scotty1
My Daystate Revere .22 has a 162 cc air tank. Mine is regulated, and it took between 100-110 pumps of my hill hand pump to go from 160 bar ( off reg ) to 250 bar. For that effort I was supposed to get 39 full power shots. Although I did not chronograph it, I shot around 55 shots on paper before I noticed the impacts were starting to drop. Perhaps because it is regulated is why there were more full power shots?

Here is what you will look like after 6 Months of pumping. LOL

Popeye_the_Sailor.png

Reactions: Kavliaris
A decent hand pump will cost you half or more of what a Yong Heng compressor will. Skip the pump. Buy a compressor.

All of the airguns you are looking at require a large volume of air. Trying to save a couple hundred bucks up front will be money poorly spent once you come around to the compresssor. You will come around to a compressor.
Hand pump = less shooting.

In your other thread, I mentioned that I have Career .25 that I hand pumped for many years. Once I bought the Maverick with its 480cc bottle, it took a week to order a compressor.

Last edited:
Understand that you will be getting a air rifle compressor in the near future so please rethink what you really want,fun or work.
I hate doing more than 120 pumps to fill my small air reservors, some one is going to do 500 pumps, got to let the hand pump cool down about every 50 pumps are so, forgetaboutit you may not get tired of pumping,but your going to get tired of not shooting....butt I am old.

How many shots you take between fills is far more important then tank size or fill pressure when usinh handpumps

if caliber and power are the same and you take the same shot count between fills it will take the same amount of pumping to get back to full regarless of tank size.
I think this is the hand-pumping secret! Other than topping off the the first fill.