• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How many people still run a shoebox?

I still am using a F10 with a Alpha filter.

20210708_202347.1625794007.jpg

My F-10 has around 60 hr's on it and dies a fine job. Only issue is the bearings, (oil impregnated bushings) on the arm keep wearing out and are wearing the hardened rods thay ride on. i need to find a spare arm. 

I switched to a Teflon Bearing Grease made by Super lube and it is helping a good bit. I ordered the newer Lucal Red High Pressure bearing grease and awaiting it to come in. 

I owned an original hand had hundreds of hours on it before it self destructed. 

Mr and Mrs Kaye and I became friends over the years and I help them make the units more reliable with the hardened piston rods. A shame as I was told they would keep parts for quite some time. Then a sudden complete shut down. I emailed them and got an auto generated reply. I have be unable to contact any of the family since. Knife ;<(

I was trying to arrange a to obtain a nice Coltri Clone as I don't know how long the unsupported F=10 can live. However I guess the CoItry Clone will not happen as have never been lied to so many times in my life by a vendor. Unreal and very disappointing. 

Knife

My F-10 has around 60 hr's on it and dies a fine job. Only issue is the bearings, (oil impregnated bushings) on the arm keep wearing out and are wearing the hardened rods thay ride on. i need to find a spare arm. 

I switched to a Teflon Bearing Grease made by Super lube and it is helping a good bit. I ordered the newer Lucal Red High Pressure bearing grease and awaiting it to come in. 

I owned an original hand had hundreds of hours on it before it self destructed. 

Mr and Mrs Kaye and I became friends over the years and I help them make the units more reliable with the hardened piston rods. A shame as I was told they would keep parts for quite some time. Then a sudden complete shut down. I emailed them and got an auto generated reply. I have be unable to contact any of the family since. Knife ;<(

I was trying to arrange a to obtain a nice Coltri Clone as I don't know how long the unsupported F=10 can live. However I guess the CoItry Clone will not happen as have never been lied to so many times in my life by a vendor. Unreal and very disappointing. 

Knife

I'd be thinking that's an alignment issue. I've got 600 plus hrs on mine and never worn out a bushing. Routine fill is a 45min tank from about 3400 to 4500.

My F-10 only has a few hours on it. I fill a Guppy and a 30min Scott tank with the F-10 and Omega Air Charger. I switch back forth. Dealt with Tom and Carol a years go when he had the original Shoebox. Then probably 9-10 years later I bought an F-010. It rocks. I have 6 rebuild Oring kits for it and a host of other parts. I only now fill to 4300 max, does seem like it labors more when it gets about that, but no issues.

I HAVE AN F10. WISH I'D BOUGHT 2 . Been debating whether to buy an Alteros booster or go big and get an ALKIN W31 and consider filling tanks and guns for a fee. China saw a market and like most everything my boss bought cheap stuff from china like the 3/8" nuts and bolts. Boss had to buy several 3/8" taps which we chucked up in battery drills and re threaded the nuts. So far I have not heard about long life, & cheap compressors in the same sentences. I keep saying buy quality goods from quality dealers. The header at the top of the forum has a list of them. I know they cost more. I got where I'm by working every hour offered and buy purchasing used trucks. All the same year and brand and salvaged parts, tires, and all the rest and using them till I finally ran our of cheap us made trucks and parts. still have 2 rear windows. 1st real air gun was mdl 27 Diana 40 years ago and worked my way up slowly till I ordered an FX Maverick last Dec 10 2020 ( 40 years) and luckily received it just before the pandemic shut down. Always bought from reputable quality dealers. 3 Dianas, 1 air force arms. an FX bearcat, an FX Impact early model, and a Maverick. This can be an expensive and sometimes frustrating hobby. If more shoeboxes had been purchased less money would have been lost on return shipping and just plain lost. Well enough of my 2 cents I will aspire to keep my opinions to myself henceforth.