How many people own a chronograph?

this is what i have now works just fine , paid $23 , Amazon prime no shipping .
Inexpensive. Available on Amazon.

Eyes.sys High Precision Ballistic Shooting Chronograph Airsoft Bullet Arrow Velocity Meter Chargeable MPS/FPS Reading for Archery Hunting Prep https://a.co/d/cNhy8mt
I’m surprised I keep seeing these recommended, has anyone who recommends one of these actually used a chrony on the same rifle before or compared readings with a known good unit? I went through two of these and they were both very inaccurate. Just my experience.

I’m surprised I keep seeing these recommended, has anyone who recommends one of these actually used a chrony on the same rifle before or compared readings with a known good unit? I went through two of these and they were both very inaccurate. Just my experience.
yes i compared with a Caldwell 4 guns 3 shots each . china one was within 3 feet FPS all shots , mostly same reading.

Reactions: DNF

I've not used the amazon ones but for my Caldwell , my buddy has a Lab Radar and I bring my Caldwell over in the summer to "calibrate" it on his setup.

It's been within 3 FPS the past 2 years.

this is what i have now works just fine , paid $23 , Amazon prime no shipping .
Inexpensive. Available on Amazon.

Eyes.sys High Precision Ballistic Shooting Chronograph Airsoft Bullet Arrow Velocity Meter Chargeable MPS/FPS Reading for Archery Hunting Prep https://a.co/d/cNhy8mt
Don't need to spend a lot of money for a decent chronograph.

I have one of these and use it most often. My history with chronos are:
1. Foldable Chrony 1st generation, no memory only current shot.
2. CED 1st generation talking chrono.
3. Labarader 2 of them. I sold one.
4. One of these low cost ones from China.

My opinions. Chrony 1st gen easy to setup but have to write down each shot. CED pain to setup at a public range (lose 2 sessions to get it right) when the sun's positions change it may fail to record shots. Labaradar easy to setup can get BCs, but needs mic for air guns. Love the fact not dependent on the sun's position. Bluetooth clunkly, maybe fixed with latest firmware.

Cheapest one from China, easiest to use 40 shot memory, results matches my Labradar within a few FPS. The barrel mount is poorly designed, so I 3d printing custom mounts for each of my air guns. This is the one is use most often when tuning the hammer spring, because I can leave the stock off and pull the trigger pointing at my mulch box without aiming at a target which would be required if I used the Labradar. It has it faults as mine recently stop working. When I took a shot the LEDs would go blank and the unit seemed to turn off. I took it apart and the soldering is terrible. An average high school kid would do better. Resistors are mounted at all different heights and not flush to the PCB. Leads on the bottom sides not trimmed to a common length. Lead length on the bottom is used to provide the correct standoff height so the LEDs are at the right height. I figured since it powered down when shooting my 0.25 at 60 fpe probably because of the mild recoil it must of had a bad connection. Looking around I found one of the wires from the battery to the PCB had a cold solder joint which I repaired. That seemed to fix it. So seeing the poor construction I wouldn't buy one if you are expecting it to work all the time. Need to have great return policy, or willing to write the buy off as a total loss, or repair it yourself.

PXL_20230226_220309404 chrono set.jpg

PXL_20230226_220344136 chrono .jpg

Last edited:

Hi..can this be used to generate chrony data on a pc.my alpha shooting chrony has a dead video display unit .also does it require some driver to be downloaded?i use a windows 11 pc

I have a caldwell that I have been using for the last 3 years. I noticed a year or so ago that the app stopped showing weather data. This spring when I connected it to my phone the app will not see the chronograph and record my shots, I need to try another headphone cable. I am now looking at the Competition Electronics ProChrono DLX Chronograph (bluetooth). I like to record my shooting sessions and it looks like I can download an app to my computer as well as my phone.

It looks like the "True Ballistic" Radar will be coming out soon, not sure on the price:

I have had a FX POS model, chrony, a couple of the EC5000 and a couple Caldwell. The Chrony had mostly err’s the ec5000 would slip off my hand while removing them and land on the floor, once and they were gone. I used to set the Caldwell down range but clipping killed them all.

I now have that cheap Chinese one tha clamps to the barrel, only complaint is I have to reset to fps from mps or use a conversion formula when using it.

The FX was just a typical FX, they introduced it, it was design flawed, they kept selling them without customer support, really soured me on FX.

You really need a chronograph for this sport.

Regards,

Roachcreek

I ise the china clamp on , but i dont clamp it on.. i just use a old mouse pad under it to cushion the board and just rest the muzzle in the yoke thing.

I like it's a at the muzzle reading not feet away .

I dont ise ot like everyday bit like most say it's a must shooting any air powered gun . From just to check things periodically or seems somthings not quite right check or setting up a new tune. I just dont see air gunning without one . Cheap china to high dollar bells and whistles sooner or later theres no excaping not having one.

Last edited:

Competition Electronics ProChrono​

The infrared light kit [now discontinued???] was the BEST tool upgrade for tuning I made. No more wasted shots, super reliable results all conditions, indoors or out. I am happy with it.
Even if not a self-professed nerd like myself we all need actual speed numbers to calculate adjustments made or needed. Also gives an ethical hunter known power levels. A chrony of some kind is an absolute necessity.
They still show it as available on their own site. I can say I goobered up, shot a light bar out and for $18 they sent me a new one that week.

Screenshot_20230403_120154_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously you got a bad one - its Amazon - send it back…

I’ve got 3 of the Chinese chronys - the latest reads FPS if you want FPS instead of meters per second.

All 3 read between 2-3 fps of each other - 1 meter per second. I’ve actually shot across 2 at once to verify the consistency.

Buy another for $30 - you will like it…

-Ed