How many people own a chronograph?

Yep. This works extremely well.

Does both meters per second and feet per second.

Can clamp on either bare barrel or moderator via included hoop clamp.

Never misses a shot. Has rechargeable battery inside.

Inexpensive. Available on Amazon.

Eyes.sys High Precision Ballistic Shooting Chronograph Airsoft Bullet Arrow Velocity Meter Chargeable MPS/FPS Reading for Archery Hunting Prep https://a.co/d/cNhy8mt

Reactions: beerthief
I have two.
First one was a cheap Chinese clamp on. It worked well enough, but did not like it hanging off my barrel and having to move it from one gun to another.
Now I have Caldwell that I set up on a tripod and let it feed data to my iPad next to me on the shooting bench.

Both have been essential tools in getting the most out of my PCPs.

Reactions: moodyblues
Send me your address and I can send you my old Caldwell Ballistic Precision green chronograph for the cost of shipping. It's missing the battery compartment door, but it works and I'm pretty sure I still have the light diffusers. I upgraded to the FX Pocket Chrony which is amazing cause the light doesn't have to be perfect, but it's not what I would consider cheap.

FIDI,
I'd consider as essential diagnostic equipment for any PCP owner. Paid $60 for this but think EPG's suggestion is better. FX is coming out with a new model, announced at 2023 Shot Show, waiting to see if any deals show up in Classifieds for the FX Pocket Chrony. WM
IMG_20221221_110206.jpg

Yep. This works extremely well.

Does both meters per second and feet per second.

Can clamp on either bare barrel or moderator via included hoop clamp.

Never misses a shot. Has rechargeable battery inside.

Inexpensive. Available on Amazon.

Eyes.sys High Precision Ballistic Shooting Chronograph Airsoft Bullet Arrow Velocity Meter Chargeable MPS/FPS Reading for Archery Hunting Prep https://a.co/d/cNhy8mt
Not my experience, just bought and returned one. Was looking for a more portable solution to my Caldwell. It is NOT accurate, fluctuated between 20-35 fps off always low. Not consistently off either.
I suppose if you’re only looking for spread…maybe but I freaked out thinking the new hammer I installed lost me 25 fps but when checked against ole faithful Caldwell it was right where it should be.
YMMV. Good luck!

I'll say that if you want to basically just use your PCP as a tool - that is, to shoot when needed but not mess with - then you really don't need one. You basically just live with what the gun gives you - try different ammo and shoot whatever shoots best. But do a test and make note of the drop at some given distances with that ammo (zero at a given distance - for example 20 yards - and then shoot at another like 40 yards and note the drop). Then you can repeat this if needed in the future to check the gun, and if nothing has changed a chrony would not tell you anything different.

But as others have said, it you want to do pretty much any kind of optimization or modifications to that gun, then you need the required tools to do so, and a chronograph is as needed as screwdrivers and wrenches . . . .

Lets be real too. Airguns are very finicky compared to powder. Accuracy goes south on a powder gun and you clean the barrel, put a few through it, and your back on track. PCPs and springers on the other hand can have a handful of things each that will cause issues. If I'm having trouble grouping a springer, a chrono will tell me pretty quickly if I'm the problem or if it's time for a tear down.