How many people here are competition folks?

I am a very new member here, but I'm curious to see how many people enjoy airguns for competition vs. sport/hobby? I used to compete service rifle and then made the jump over to air rifle. Recently retired from the sport all together, but I still love going to the range! Hope you all have a great weekend.

I think that the competitive aspect runs the gambit in Airgunners....if your shooting paper, bottle caps, eggs🤣🤣🤣, food for the table...or vermin. In your mind you want to hit the target😊. I personally like to plink..shoot field target and beanchrest too. Be it 10m or popping eggs at distance it all puts a smile on my face. Now if I win the smile is just bigger.

Unfortunately I don't know any actively practicing shooters; most I know are afraid of guns or indifferent to them at best. California transplants, mostly well into retirement age, so they're not changing their minds about anything. And my nearest range is a good hour away, plus. Too bad, because it does Field Target, and I could be persuaded. But being that I'm a 24/7 caretaker locked in place, I can't carve out enough of a window alone to do much shooting with others that way. So competition is out for me. The spirit is willing but it's not going to happen for now.

I'm a plinker and like accuracy at heart, more than a hunter. Maybe competition one day, but not soon.

Hana,

I have always competed in the shooting sports.

I currently shoot in WFTF PCP division on the AAFTA circuit.

I also compete in 10meter air pistol in the colder off-season. 

I have also competed in 3 position smallbore, recurve achery, compound target archery. I also am a field crossbow competitor owning a few national titles and records.

The guys are right......if there is a pellet to be shot, you try to make it better and better......more accurate than the last time, so even in plinking practice, it's always a competition. 

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

I was wondering the same thing myself the other day. I live in Ohio and found out that there is a FT shoot happening this Sunday. I've never competed but once in a 22 rimfire match many winters ago and it turned me off because of all the crutches the shooters were allowed to use.(butt hooks,shooter jackets,CUSTOM RIFLES. All I had was a bull barrel (can't remember brand or model). It was pulled out of a Ohio National Guard locker at the armory. I got to shoot it twice maybe before the shoot.Anyhoo. I posted the FT shoot here in general discussions hoping to find out if any other Ohioans knew about the shoot and would be attending. And if they did'nt know about it, by posting in general discussions more folks might see it.The post got moved to the "Field Target Event" category. Only 2 viewed it and 1 responded to it because,(probably wrong BUT) it is a very much narrowly viewed catagory ( I never look there,right,Do you? I'm not a die hard competitor. YET.lol. If the weather holds I'm going.Maybe I'll meet blue (the respondent) and few others.

Field Target here. Tried Benchrest and I don't care for it.

@HeyU - Ohio has 4 Field Target clubs. I shoot at the NOA (Northeast Ohio Airgunners) when I up visiting kids and grand kids and I have shot at another Ohio club once. I hope you get to attend one. Most people are great and willing to help newer shooters and experienced airgunners get in to Field Target. 

Here is a link to NOA: https://ohioft.wixsite.com/noa-twinoaks 

Gary
Venice, FL

Field Target here. Tried Benchrest and I don't care for it.

@HeyU - Ohio has 4 Field Target clubs. I shoot at the NOA (Northeast Ohio Airgunners) when I up visiting kids and grand kids and I have shot at another Ohio club once. I hope you get to attend one. Most people are great and willing to help newer shooters and experienced airgunners get in to Field Target. 

Here is a link to NOA: https://ohioft.wixsite.com/noa-twinoaks 

Gary
Venice, FL

Fixed your link:

https://ohioft.wixsite.com/noa-twinoaks

I wannabe but all the shooting ranges locked down the memberships and closed for guests. And I just bought the FX Impact only for that reason, maybe a week earlier before this COVID poop surfaced.

I was competing compound archery rings over 15 years, travelled the states and world. Both Field and FITA Tournaments. All my drawers full with medals and state records.

Competing is more fun, focusing you better, you tinker and train even in your sleep.

I am a very new member here, but I'm curious to see how many people enjoy airguns for competition vs. sport/hobby?

Well, that would be me.

I do compete.

Using my airguns, actually I do pistol and rifle.

I compete with feral pigeons for air.

It's eitherthem that breathe my air and spread toxic poop all over my city — or it'sme breathing that air.

I really enjoy that competition.

Though I'm usually loosing. 😟 Pigeons breed quicker than I can cull them.

Matthias