• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How many people have more than one PCP?

I'm trying to understand why? I get some of the reasons to where one might have a couple but you guys are out of control. I get that some are collectors, I can understand specific use case perhaps one for hunting bigger game and one for plinking/target shooting (cheaper ammo). Is there not one gun to rule them all? Or one gun that is multipurpose, but then I suppose this multipurpose gun is just avg at a lot things and not great at anyone one thing. So a Holy Grail PCP gun doesn't exist? I guess it's way to subjective. I can see most people use a .22 calibur as the best all round bullet and one could use a .22 slug to take down slightly large game and get better precision at long range. But if .22 is good wouldn't that mean .30 is better and so on? Even a folding adjustable stock could tick off a few boxes. Aesthetics certainly come in to play. A multipurpose gun would probably look more like a tactical gun and that doesn't always appeal to everyone. But I guess you can only take this so far. I guess there are just way to many use cases to just have one gun. Sorry just rambling on. Waiting for the day to finish so I can get back to the yard and do some more plinking.

I'm trying to understand why? I get some of the reasons to where one might have a couple but you guys are out of control. I get that some are collectors, I can understand specific use case perhaps one for hunting bigger game and one for plinking/target shooting (cheaper ammo). Is there not one gun to rule them all? Or one gun that is multipurpose, but then I suppose this multipurpose gun is just avg at a lot things and not great at anyone one thing. So a Holy Grail PCP gun doesn't exist? I guess it's way to subjective. I can see most people use a .22 calibur as the best all round bullet and one could use a .22 slug to take down slightly large game and get better precision at long range. But if .22 is good wouldn't that mean .30 is better and so on? Even a folding adjustable stock could tick off a few boxes. Aesthetics certainly come in to play. A multipurpose gun would probably look more like a tactical gun and that doesn't always appeal to everyone. But I guess you can only take this so far. I guess there are just way to many use cases to just have one gun. Sorry just rambling on. Waiting for the day to finish so I can get back to the yard and do some more plinking.
Ballistically a .22 is better than a .25 or .30, obviously it doesn't have the FPE of the larger calibers BUT for most purposes it's fine, it's also cheaper to shoot/plink. Most guns will shoot a pellet fine, I've got an exception with one of mine, HATES pellets but shoots slugs ok. Now my Mavericks are great with pellets but I've yet to have any luck with even light slugs. I'm fighting to not go down that offshoot of the Rabbit Hole® by getting another gun. Main reason is lack of space for storage, too much garbage in my 'garage' aka dumping ground. Good slugs are expensive to plink with. All that said, I can see collectors but heck you can only have so many hammers...like I should talk on that one. If a sweet deal comes up on a gun I like I may get it, then figure out the storage issue, as in FINALLY being forced to clean up my dumping ground. See there is a good reason to get another one. 😁

Reactions: FIDI_G
To have one PCP that checks all the boxes? It would probably be like this Swiss Army knife.
Not real practical to use.

giant-swiss-army-knife-1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: EdinGa