• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How many pellets do you go through?

I don’t know. But... I can tell you that when I started Airgunning, I was going through a lot. I bought many different kinds too. Any time I get a new gun, consumption goes up. After a while, things settle down and I use less. But, I’m just a backyard warrior. 

If you ask the competition folk, they probably have a membership going. Auto delivered every two weeks 😂 

.30 get expensive... I used to only go through less than 150 or so during a visit, I guess because the targets were easier. But as I have been venturing out to 100yds, I have been going up to 300 at a time, as I try to figure it out. I made myself stop at 150 the other day. I would like to get something I can shoot a little cheaper, but I do love my .30. I am starting to run out of pellets. I think I have 4 tins left. I bought 16 tins when they were 20% last, but I wasn’t shooting as much over winter. I am going to need many more now. 

I had plans of getting something else before this virus to be able to shoot more, but I may just have to pour more into pellets. Not sure I would be as happy now that I have found this long distance shooting.

1585891031_5219595135e86c6d7724627.42469710.jpg

That's from a couple months, at least the ones retrieved when I emptied my traps a few weeks ago. 

I am so fortunate to have a very nice indoor 18 yard range and outdoor range at my home. The indoor range has two RX target sets, the outdoor range about 20 spinners. Additionally I have an indoor 150 yard range available to me on weekends and evenings. It is a rare day for me not to shoot 50 pellets or more from a few of my ten springer and pcp collection. Given all of that, I probably go through 20,000 plus pellets annually.

I'm estimating I go through 6-7,000 pellets a year maybe. A little over a tin a month. Sometimes I go through a tin a week. It really depends on life. Right now I'm very busy at work working a lot of OT and life going on at home so my shooting times have gone down to maybe 20 shots a day on average. Once the weather warms up and dries out, I should be burning through the pellets again. I should get a pellet order in soon though, I'm down to maybe 5 tins each of my main pellets (JSB 8.4 and JSB 18.1). Just had a new air rifle delivered so I'll probably be burning a few in that one to get it dialed in and familiar with it. I just opened a new tin (18.1) for that one yeasterday.

I usually go through about five tins every 3 months of the crosman domed .22 in my Benjamin summit alone I go through a lot especially now that I have a good trap I made it yesterday and went through approximately 120 pellets that afternoon, I have had days using my 2240 that I doubled that number, also I use a lot of bb's as well I won't think anything of firing 400 bb's in a day.