How many of you use water removal filters?

I can't speak to your compressor but for extra moisture removal Tuxting makes an in-line filter tube rated for high PSI. Ebay and Alibaba are usually the cheapest places to find them. Inside you can put extra cotton cylinders or a tube with desiccant beads. I used the desiccant beads that are blue and turn pink when wet. For the price, it is worth it, unless your working with a super budget rifle that will break down from something else before moisture damage. I'll never forget seeing a guy in a facebook group who took the pressure gauge of his FX Impact and it was rusty as all freakin heck underneath.

You are right to arrange it all vertically, compressor on bottom, water filter, tank/rifle.

If your compressor has a bleed valve which I assume it does, it helps to open it up every 5 min of runtime to let out the accumulated moisture [this is standard practice with a yong heng

I use this tall dealio that has a drain spout. I got a lot of water out, and drain it mid-fill as well.

DSC_0549.1603680512.JPG

I use an Air Venturi trap on my AV 4500.I live in Missouri in the winter months when the humidity is low it's not necessary, summer months with their high humidity iit's a must. When I the bleed valve copious amounts of water is drained. It's a relative inexpensive up grade to protect the investment made in guns. It goes with my philosophy of treat your machine right and your machine will treat you right.

All compressors produce water the higher the pressure the more water along with the surrounding environment/humidity. I would recommend a filter.

https://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Water-Oil-Separator-Filtration-Compressor/dp/B077SX5G9V#:~:text=%2030Mpa%20High%20Pressure%20Air%20Filter%20External%20Water,high%20pressure.%20It%20works%20by%20t

Does it come with the media? 
Or do you have to buy it separately

The unit above is a cyclone water separator. It doesn't use media. It is great for Yong Heng type compressors which have a Mickey Mouse sized separator or none at all. The Tuxing water filter housings with repackable cartridges are the best filter value for most compressors. Aliexpress usually has them for around $80. They work as well as the $400 filters. They can be ordered and shipped from a U.S. location through Aliexpress. I recommend the option 4 cartridge in the ad. That cartridge has desiccant only which provides the most drying capacity. Charcoal sections in the other cartridges is for odor removal for divers. If you use hydraulic #46 fluid instead of quality compressor oil you should opt for the charcoal section cartridge to remove the oil smell.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32891898253.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.45006358Vs2gqY&algo_pvid=27847b05-b19f-49da-a9c6-21372446e654&algo_expid=27847b05-b19f-49da-a9c6-21372446e654-0&btsid=0bb0623d16037200363248831e2b8d&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

6DAFCDC1-3851-4F7C-9360-E68ADD5A3DB2.1604165059.png
So I do not recommend Tuxing products, see photo.

I simply asked on my Amazon community where the product was made and if it was made in China? And I was banned from Amazon after the seller flagged it.

this is a form of North Korea or China like censorship. 

I spent $52,200 last year on amazon, the Chinese seller clearly has more power than the consumer. 

here is what one buyer showed on reviews 

I’m not looking for the cheapest one, I just want to buy once. Just explaining the issues around Amazon and protecting dangerous Chinese products.

I wanted to buy American via Joe Broncato, but honestly every time I try buy from there it’s a mess. 3 times I got the wrong tank feet and carrier, had to keep calling to remind him to send. Then I bought a Weihrauch that was meant to be in stock it wasn’t and again calling many times to get a refund. Then I called again to buy an air filter and directed to a website that I told them didn’t work, I’ve decided to just give up on that crew it’s too much hassle to order from Joe to be totally honest 

Anyone who has ever seen or handled a Gold Filter in person can verify that that lone review on Amazon was "fake news". These filters are 8mm thick and seamless. That review was done by someone with an agenda. There are thousands of gold filters in service. This topic was discussed ad nauseum months ago. That filter was sawed in half.

If someone doesn't want to buy something made in China, it's their prerogative. If these things exploded, it wouldn't be just one. I repeat my statement. It's a fake review by someone with an outside agenda.

Anyone who has ever seen or handled a Gold Filter in person can verify that that lone review on Amazon was "fake news". These filters are 8mm thick and seamless. That review was done by someone with an agenda. There are thousands of gold filters in service. This topic was discussed ad nauseum months ago. That filter was sawed in half.

If someone doesn't want to buy something made in China, it's their prerogative. If these things exploded, it wouldn't be just one. I repeat my statement. It's a fake review by someone with an outside agenda.

Ok good to know. Mine arrived today I haven’t opened the box so this is good to know 

Hi,

I do, I do. 

My compressors have pressure maintaining valves set to about 2000psi. This keeps the pressure in the filter system at least 2000 psi. At 2000psi 99% of the moisture is squished from the compressed air. The rest is done by a molecular sieve (I have no idea what that stuff is).

Makes me kind of wonder. If with the crop of small airgun compressors that starting the recharge around 2000psi (140 bar) might be a good way to make sure the water separation systems on smaller compressors work efficiently.

Just a thought,

Nugria