How many of you shoot springers and PCPs?

I started off with a couple of break barrel springers, but now I just shoot PCPs. After I slept with the pic star that plain Jane just don't turn me on anymore. :)

Some people like easy to hit things....others like something that you have to work at.

Generally it is more rewarding to do something that takes some skill....but then again not everyone has the time to get good, or has the skill.....so off they go to the pic star.

Sound like you are throwing a little shade. Did you notice that I started this thread in 2015? I resurrected it to show that I have gone full circle and have many high-end springs guns. I always take a springer out to shoot when I shoot my PCPs and suppressed rimfires now.

Pretty cool how old threads come back to life....and how comments we once made change as we get a little older and more wise....how is that pic star?

I started off with a couple of break barrel springers, but now I just shoot PCPs. After I slept with the pic star that plain Jane just don't turn me on anymore. :)

Some people like easy to hit things....others like something that you have to work at.

Generally it is more rewarding to do something that takes some skill....but then again not everyone has the time to get good, or has the skill.....so off they go to the pic star.

Sound like you are throwing a little shade. Did you notice that I started this thread in 2015? I resurrected it to show that I have gone full circle and have many high-end springs guns. I always take a springer out to shoot when I shoot my PCPs and suppressed rimfires now.

Pretty cool how old threads come back to life....and how comments we once made change as we get a little older and more wise....how is that pic star?

PCPs are still the pic stars, it's just that I can better appreciate that plain Jane now.

I shoot both, but I shoot my springers WAY more. I don't hunt with an air gun or I'd do a lot more PCP shooting. In fact, I only own one PCP. In the 23 yards I have to shoot at home a PCP is simply too easy to shoot tiny little groups with. I only shoot my PCP when competing in Field Target Hunter Division (using a bipod) and a few times in the back yard to confirm my short range hold overs before a match. And.....I will still sometimes shoot my HW97 at Field Target events.

PCPs are still the pic stars, it's just that I can better appreciate that plain Jane now.

Ever see that pic star without the makeup

I love and shoot both. Nothing like a well tuned springer, a tin of pellets and have at it.
20200906_081005.1612443832.jpg
20190712_121732_HDR.1612444183.jpg

Never owned and have no desire to try pcp to "High Maintenace" for my liking (expensive, to many accessories/baggage/tinkets and gizmos) and just like the gal that gets around they are popular because there appears to be no work at all to get them to perform as desired resulting in instant gratification which is not a bad thing just not for me. My hat is off to those that shoot these ones.

I like a challenge and the work needed to achieve that sense of satisfaction. Therefore, for me its the "True Springers" (not a gas piston type). Yes springers can be frustrating and demanding at times; but no matter what be a vintage, classic, or new one they are there when you need a quick grab-and-go door gun; they can be sophisticated or simple; some are easier than others; they are very dependable; and if you treat them right; learn what they like and how to hold them they respond and perform like no other; and when you find a good one you will keep it for the rest of your life; and those that you shot or owned in the past, but let go for various reasons you will find yourself always thinking back to those simpler times and the ones you let go.