How many of you shoot Crosman Domed Pellets?

. i , as well , use the domed crosman premiers from tractor supply. they are nearly as consistent as the webley accupels were , which were rebadged premiers. i use the .177 winchester domes from there also - they weigh between 9 and 10 grains and i have lots of springers that love both of these domed pellets from tractor supply. if you can still find the .22 domed tins that are only blue and red - not the newer red, white, and blue tins - those are even more consistent head size. i can really feel the consistency of head size when i'm pushing the pellet into my break barrel's breech loading area. idk why they called them 'ultra magnum' on the tins when they are the same weight as many other crosman and benji pellets (14.3 grains). i have been telling everyone about these two domed pellets at tractor supply - these are people who dont want to order pellets over the internet. after seeing this thread , i'm a little concerned about my 'ace in the hole' for local good pellets. - rane on . 

I haven"t shot Crosman in years.

I use JSB or Air Arms 7.8 or 8.4 10.3 tends not to be a good choice in medium air guns.

Crosman's are really hard and generally need sizing (not many sizing dies around)

Our club also hasn't had to rebuild our field targets since most are using the softer JSB's.

Air Arms TX or ProSport will most likely like the softer diet.

I shot my first Crosman domed 22 cal pellets this last weekend. I was shooting the 15.89 JSB pellets at 55 yards at collard doves. I switched to the 14.3 grain Crosman domes and used the same sight setting as the JSB pellets. I killed 71 doves with the Crosman pellets. Looks like I may be saving some money on pellets in the future.

Reactions: airshootist801
Man sometimes I feel like people think just because it doesn't work for you it wont work ever for anyone else. I use crosman premier domes for all kinds of lower power airguns. Will it kick butt in a magnum springer. Probably not. A fire breathing pcp? Again probably not. Is it the best field target pellet for a 12fpe gun? Usually not but I own 3 guns that just nail targets all day with them. I dont sort or oil or anything just put them in the pumpers and get to work. The squirrels dont know the difference period. I can headshot squirrels all day long at 20 yards with my marauder field and target 177. If i sorted and all that maybe better. In a world like this where everything cost so much money why not use them? At least try them and see. 

I shot my first Crosman domed 22 cal pellets this last weekend. I was shooting the 15.89 JSB pellets at 55 yards at collard doves. I switched to the 14.3 grain Crosman domes and used the same sight setting as the JSB pellets. I killed 71 doves with the Crosman pellets. Looks like I may be saving some money on pellets in the future.

I was also pesting out to seventy yards with the JSBs 15.89 and 18s. I’ve been using the Crosman pellets from tractor supply, out to 50-60 yards, the critters don’t know the difference, but my wallet does. I also like to do a lot of plinking so the Crosmans really suit me. I still keep JSBs on hand for accuracy testing and target shooting.

I shoot them still now and then and find that they preform really well. Just the domed and the HPs. I keep away from the destroyers and I have not tried the newer ones they have. Not sure what they are called. I generally shoot heaver led now so I find myself using other brands. But if off camping or something then I take the crosman pellets when I know that there will be others that want to shoot my airguns. They are inexpensive and when its not just me shooting I rather use them over some JSBs or H&Ns, or even Pollymags. Ill still take some better pellets with me though. In all I have no issues with them.

I keep wanting to try the brown box Premiers in 22, but the possibility of owing 1250 pellets that won't shoot always prevents purchase.

One never knows what will shoot til they try them. I had a partial tin of Crosman Ultra Magnums that never shot well in any gun I tried.

At the end of testing the other day I tried some out of my Gauntlet and they grouped well at 25. Was finishing up for the day so That one 25 yard group was all I shot of them.

The Gauntlet was funny, did not shoot anything well for several hundred pellets and several tanks of air . I had high hopes for JSB 15.89s and 18s, but it was not to be

Did pretty good with Air Arms 16 and 18 and so I would include them in the mix as I went through a lot of pellets/air.

Decided to retry the JSBs and the 15.89s grouped well 1 1/2" inches left of POA and 18s landed right on top of where 16 and 18 grain Air Arms hit at 25.

18 JSB has the same 50 yard holdover as the AA 18s also.

I guess the Gauntlet is finally "Broke In" because it also shot the Crosman Ultra Magnums well now as stated above.

I recently purchased a .22 Hatsan Gladius. Several reviews had stated it to be pellet picky and had noted H&N Barracuda's shot well for most of the reviewers so I ordered some before I received the rifle. They did shoot well. Crosman Premier Hollow Points by far shoot best in that rifle. Probably will depend on each person's individual rifle.

I've had my Gladius for a while now, and it really likes H&Ks and JSBs [When the JSBs aren't all mutilated straight out of the tin]
They fire best on the higher power settings - usually levels 5 and 6.
For indoor plinking at my 10 meter range, I'll put it on power levels 3 and 4 and shoot the Crosman Premiers.. They Work Amazing!
I had 3 out of 4 PCP rifles that Loved them. Now I have 5 out of 6. Every Single Tin Of CPs has had nearly perfect pellets in it!
Like I said before, I just snag the 600 count tins at WallyWorld if/when I'm there. I've gone through at least 4 full tins now, 
only had to throw out a few pellets here and there, and I have a few more tins still to go through..

Anyways..

You brought up the Gladius firing them - So, here's a video of My Gladius firing them.. I actually just posted it this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDIy29cuDQ4 

Here's a list of my guns that absolutely love the CPs [in .22 cal / 14.3gr]
ATI Nova Vista Freedom, Hatsan Gladius, Kral Puncher Breaker, Artemis P15, Artemis PP700S-A [Pistol]
The only rifle so far that doesn't like them - and spits em' out like a shotgun birdshot pattern is my Kral Puncher Nemesis..
That rifle - Even on power-level 1 just seems to be just a bit too powerful. Too any FPS - at least for close-range..

👍🙂 

Sam -

I did the same when the Gladius I have shot so well with the Crosman pellets. Bought probably 20 tins from various WalMart's assuming they would all be similar at the time. If not, so be it but they have performed very well for me so far and haven't cost a fortune. A win/win in my case.

"20 tins from various WalMart's"

I've used Crosman Premier pellets from the 1250 count die lot marked and dated cardboard boxes as well as CPs from a couple tins and they are NOT the same as far as consistency goes! Matter of fact, it seems that the "CPs from a tin" are a mixture of pellets from various dies (only as consistent as the die which they were pressed).

The "boxed CPs" are rather consistent in weight and head size whereas the "tinned CPs" were all over the place. The "boxed CPLs" are very accurate from my HW bores, however the "tinned CPs"....not so much. A g=few CPL heads measured at random from a "die B" box...............

I did find that my later .177 HW95 bore (and a spare .177 HW95 bore) is tighter fitting than my older .177 Beeman R9 so the "boxed CPLs" are rather tight fitting in the HW95 bores compared to the R9 bore in which the boxed CPLs fit perfectly. My solution was to make a pellet head sizer after finding that a CPL with a 4.50mm head will load easy enough in the HW95 leade, however it's still accurate from the larger R9 bore.

I'm currently finishing up my last box of die "B" CPLs and I'm currently testing out a few tins of 4.52mm Air Arms domes that I've sized in the 4.50mm sizer. If the accuracy holds up well at 50 yards I'll probably switch from the 7.9 grain CPLs to the 8.4 grain AA domes in the future.

I just recently went through a tin of the domes in my .22 hatsan nova and it likes them as well as the hollow points from crosman.I have a few tins of jsb pellets but there's no way in hell I'm gonna use them over the crosman pellets for my 30 yard paper punching 😀, lol 15.99$ vs 5.99 when at 30 yards accuracy is the same with me shooting them.

Now if the nova didn't like them totally different story but I've had 3 hatsans and all of them liked them alot.👍

Cph 5.99$ Walmart

Cpd 8.99$ tractor supply

"20 tins from various WalMart's"

I've used Crosman Premier pellets from the 1250 count die lot marked and dated cardboard boxes as well as CPs from a couple tins and they are NOT the same as far as consistency goes! Matter of fact, it seems that the "CPs from a tin" are a mixture of pellets from various dies (only as consistent as the die which they were pressed).

The "boxed CPs" are rather consistent in weight and head size whereas the "tinned CPs" were all over the place. The "boxed CPLs" are very accurate from my HW bores, however the "tinned CPs"....not so much. A g=few CPL heads measured at random from a "die B" box...............

I did find that my later .177 HW95 bore (and a spare .177 HW95 bore) is tighter fitting than my older .177 Beeman R9 so the "boxed CPLs" are rather tight fitting in the HW95 bores compared to the R9 bore in which the boxed CPLs fit perfectly. My solution was to make a pellet head sizer after finding that a CPL with a 4.50mm head will load easy enough in the HW95 leade, however it's still accurate from the larger R9 bore.

I'm finishing up my last box of die "B" CPLs and I'm currently testing out a few tins of 4.52mm Air Arms domes that I've sized in the 4.50mm sizer. If the accuracy holds up well at 50 yards I'll probably switch from the 7.9 grain CPLs to the 8.4 grain AA domes in the future.

Wow. Considering that the CPHP's from tins shot lights out in my Gladius, using your logic the brown box pellets should be impossible to believe. The CPHP's in tins shot absolutely great out of the Gladius I have. Certainly bad that they don't work for you. As others have stated, might not work for all. I'm glad I have all that I bought.

Actually, the CPHPs from the tins that I bought were just as accurate as the "brown box CPLs" IF they fit the R9 leade properly (not loose). Problem was that after sorting only 1/3rd of the CPHPs fit the R9 leade snugly which made "good CPHPs" rather expensive on a per pellet basis.

After noticing the rather variable fit in the leade I measured a few pellet heads and this result of pellets taken from the tin at random is what I expected..........

Here are a couple rather poor 18 yard groups shot upstairs. LOL....the CPHPs did group a better than the Winchester domes bought at Tractor Supply.......

In contrast here are a couple groups shot with "boxed CPLs" while sitting on a bucket resting the gun on cross sticks........

Notice the CPL group in the upper left corner of this 50 yard target compared to a couple AA pellet groups.........

Not to dig up an old thread here, but figured I’d chime in with a recent experience.

I recently purchased both a tin and brown box of the 10.5 .177 CPUMs, and the pellets from the tin just weren’t great. I tried the CPUMs recently in my TX200 that developed an affinity for the Baracuda Match 4.5s. For some reason my groups started opening up with the Baracudas and since I was running low I figured I’d try these again. What I found astonished me. I’m not a great shooter by any means but I found that, for about 20-30 shots these produced as tight groups as my Baracudas did. Note, I don’t usually wash or lube my pellets, but this experience changed my thinking on the matter.

The CPUMs were especially dirty. After 30-ish shots the groups opened up. So I decided to clean the TX and try again. Same result, great groups for a shorter shot count. I decided to do a quick cleaning with hot water and dish soap, the amount of lead shavings that came out in to my cleaning container and the subsequent drying paper towel was enlightening. I put the newly washed CPUMs in to some JSB tins I had laying around after drying them. I then sprayed a bit of Ballistol on the foam inserts. My 50 yard groups are about .75” average for ten shots and consistently less with 5 shot groups. Bottom line, I think that while these have probably changed over time I find these to be worth cleaning and separating the damaged and mis-sorted (I found a few 7.9’s mixed in the batch) pellets. The CPUMs do significantly better in the wind than the Baracuda Match pellets do. I’m sure these aren’t the most consistent around, but my TX200 doesn’t seem to care, and even when a few don’t fit in the breech as tightly it doesn’t appear to affect the groups much :).