• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How many of you have hit a wall with airguns....

After shooting competitively between 2005 and 2018 I quit shooting air pistol in April of 2018.

I picked it back up this March and am happily enjoying the challenge of getting back to my personal best; and planning to go beyond that. It’s all good. It all comes down to you. (With thanks, to Fleetwood Mac; Gypsy.)

By the way, it can take one to two hours a day of training, for months, to get and stay above 570. That takes a great deal of dedication.

Airguns come after powder burners and fishing. I have way more invested in reloading gear alone than in airguns. My rifles generally cost more than my BSA Lonestar did. Not to mention what I have invested in rifle scopes. The big game hunting is typically long range here in central Montana. Knowing where the bullet is going to land at 300 yards or more on a windy day is necessary. One day at long range practice sees me spending much more in reloading supplies than I spend all year in pellets. One high quality bullet, powder and primer will cost in the neighborhood of one dollar, and that's if you do it yourself. Factory new ammo equal to what I reload goes for $2 to $3 per each round, or $4 if it's Nosler. I spent part of yesterday scouting for Elk sign, and I found some, but that is also costly in time and effort. Plus, fishing season on the Musselshell is about to begin, and I need a new canoe...............

More likely that I would "hit a wall" with the powder burners or fishing scenarios, but the airgun thing is mostly a periodic diversion away from those activities, so not very likely to ever happen. I also have a KLR650 that gives me urges to spend a day cruising our country backroads on nice weather days. I have a few other hobbies besides these, and my dog died and I need another dog soon. And quite a few other things that need attention as well. The secret of not getting burned out on anything is to spread your time among several things.

I have literally NO ONE to shoot or jaw with!

I spend many (nearly every ) day at my range. 

I keep shooting .

Agreed. This is a significant problem for competitive shooters. No matter how good of a shooter one is in their basement, or at their home range, everything changes at a match with 80+ competitors and 4 to 5 times that many spectators.

I'm there. Not as much as I have been in the past but definitely there. Instead of wanting to try all kinds of guns I'm more about getting just one quality gun that can fit my various needs with a good optic and accessories and be done. Used to enjoy tuning and that's been gone for awhile. All it really is to me anymore is just a tool to use for pesting. I enjoy that aspect but the rest like a targets and what not is all gone. Fishing is something I just love to do more so now that I have a little girl as she can come with me and loves to do so. I've never gotten tired of fishing in my whole life.

yeah i used to buy guns shoot them a while trade it in or trade with someone now its boring but still have been shooting little bit but with pellet supply so down cant just sit and shoot 250 in a few hours anymore , plus mx bike has taken up as my old hobby and its really fun and got lotta friends who i help build up their bikes so its been a nice change of pace 

Might be hitting a wall soon. My rear neighbor got plagued by squirrels in his attic so bad he decided to sell the house since the market is hot. Not sure if the new neighbor will be as airgun friendly has him. Just about everyone buying a house around here is from Bay Area, this is looking bad!

Point out the squirrels in his 'new' attic to him and volunteer to save him money by taking care of the problem for him w/ your 7 fpe airguns?

Betcha he ends up taking a few shots at them himself. Good way to bond w/ your new neighbor.

Might be hitting a wall soon. My rear neighbor got plagued by squirrels in his attic so bad he decided to sell the house since the market is hot. Not sure if the new neighbor will be as airgun friendly has him. Just about everyone buying a house around here is from Bay Area, this is looking bad!

Point out the squirrels in his 'new' attic to him and volunteer to save him money by taking care of the problem for him w/ your 7 fpe airguns?

Betcha he ends up taking a few shots at them himself. Good way to bond w/ your new neighbor.

That would be my only hope! But will need to be very subtle about it, just another nice and helpful neighbor......😅

I’ve also cranked up my irrigation system so hopefully by summer I will have a green wall between us. Hope the water bill won’t be too horrible in our drought.

That would be my only hope! But will need to be very subtle about it, just another nice and helpful neighbor......😅

I have a rental house next door and have to ease in to new neighbors on occasion with the high asking rent. I just tell them what I like doing and how safe I am with it all. I do mention BB guns along the way, lol.

I was out popping 2" steel targets tonight in the pitch black at 50 yards. I was checking out the new AceBeam E10 red light I recently mounted on the .30 cal MKII. It works well and current neighbors are cool!

That would be my only hope! But will need to be very subtle about it, just another nice and helpful neighbor......
1f605.svg

I have a rental house next door and have to ease in to new neighbors on occasion with the high asking rent. I just tell them what I like doing and how safe I am with it all. I do mention BB guns along the way, lol.

I was out popping 2" steel targets tonight in the pitch black at 50 yards. I was checking out the new AceBeam E10 red light I recently mounted on the .30 cal MKII. It works well and current neighbors are cool!

lucky you! Hope the new neighbors will be cool too but Bay Area people are out bidding everyone for the houses around me and most Bay Area people are......well, special. 

I'm just waiting for this stupid JSB pellet shortage to be over with. My two newest airguns are in .30cal so most of my attention has been going to them. I haven't stocked up enough on .30cal ammo so I shoot them sparingly. Now I really see the importance of finding a gun that can shoot a wide variety of pellets than just JSB. I'm also thinking of picking up a .177 PCP just to plink with.

That would be my only hope! But will need to be very subtle about it, just another nice and helpful neighbor......
1f605.svg

lucky you! Hope the new neighbors will be cool too but Bay Area people are out bidding everyone for the houses around me and most Bay Area people are......well, special.

Well, I only took a couple of shots out of respect for late hours, plus the gun is quiet enough to begin with. I normally would be shooting into rubber mulch totes as well to keep on the down-low. Hope the new neighbors have some common sense. A lot of folks are easily brain washed these days by the alphabet channels. I may have to face those types myself one day.

triggertreat

I do my target practice late at night too. I live at an apt complex and while my backyard is approximately 45 yards long, from the corner of my apt to the fence is 35 yards. After 9 pm most of my neighbors are asleep. This is when LDC's / TKO's come in handy too. Fortunately, its not pitch black. A security light provides enough illumination.