How many of you bought airguns at a physical store vs online?

I am blessed to have a local air gun shop about 30 minutes from my home. They have an indoor range and carry a decent selection of FX, Daystate, and other guns brand new. You can try the out in the store if you like.
My first two guns were bought on line from Utah Air Guns. I have bought items from AOA. Both have been eminently great to deal with. No reason to not deal with them again. I still do when the local guys don’t have what I am looking for.
I try to buy everything that I can from the local shop.

Online, since no gun stores seem to carry Pardini 10-meter air pistols, nor the similar Olympic rimfire pistol, for that matter. Seems Bullseye is an old fogey’s sport, going the way of the dinosaurs. I feel old😥
🦖.
Luckily I live close to Pisa 33km/20,5miles from Pardini Armi S.r.l. in Lido di Camaiore - Lucca, the reason why I bought for the daughter of my girlfriend a GPR1 Pro.
The company is small but WOW!!! As we say in Tuscany: "in the small barrell there is the good wine"!
Me and the daughter of my girlfriend whent there to have a look and, even tho the secretary told us that usually they prefer to be called before going there, a technician was sent us to give us all the explanation needed.
The technician had been very kind and showed us two GPR1 with diffrent setups and parts ready to ship for two different customers.
I've been told they do assembly their gun on request.
The unbiliveable thing I found visiting the factory is that there was a customers from Malaysia to collect personally his new pistols!

Reactions: drjjpdc78
a few on line , some at air gun shows , some here off classifieds . to me shows are the best , Shows are not local to me so a hotel stay has to be figured in .
cute story but true " i told my wife i wanted a certain rifle and that AOA had this rifle @ a good price, but i do not like to ship guns. SO she said then go to the store . I said it was 3 day drive one way ! ............................................ then she said so ? you like to drive ."
Something akin to your story . I'd thinned out most of my "handcannon " pb's this past fall . I've had my eye on a certain well known handgun for decades . A new improved model came out 2 yr.s ago for an obscene amount of $$$$ . Well I thought so much for that , then a store had it on sale close (40 mile) enough to make the drive and at a VERY good price ! I remarked about it to my Queen and she said " Well , you don't mind driving 100 + miles to shoot ,so go get it !" I think the dust has finally settled from my exit !! As far as airguns , half were from stores and half were online purchases . One was returned for defects/ issues ( wish I could have handled it ) one was returned for filling issue ( again wish it was at a dealer/ store for evaluation or exchange ). I prefer hands on before buying , just as w/ PB's. No airgun dealers in my area .

I wish I could find another physical shop to buy stuff at. Only one I knew of is gone, owner passed away. Except for the stuff I can make myself like slugs I'm stuck buying online. Since I just can't go somewhere to replace even a mundane item I'm a firm believer/practitioner in buy once cry once and tend to buy in bulk.

After reading this thread, its become obvious to me, that I need to move!
Where I live, I only have department stores that offer the very inexpensive .177 options, from Daisey and Crossman, etc.
I do not even know of 1 shop , that offers REAL airguns, let alone real airguns AND a indoor range.
So my only option is online, which is ok, but ....
Is anyone aware of a online "MAP" of retailers that offer REAL airguns?
It would be interesting to plug in a zip code, and see exactly how far one would have to travel, to visit such a shop.
Im going to start my own thread, as I have wandered off topic.
But for those who are fortunate to live near a brick and morter shop, where you can walk in, and actually touch and feel a product, prior to purchaase, I offer this advice:
YOUR VERY FORTUNATE, and dont forget it!
Dont visit such shop, and then purchase elsewhere online because you saved 10% !
Take advantage of the personal experience, by spending your money with them!

Where I live, I only have department stores that offer the very inexpensive .177 options, from Daisey and Crossman, etc.
I do not even know of 1 shop , that offers REAL airguns, let alone real airguns AND a indoor range.
It would be interesting to plug in a zip code, and see exactly how far one would have to travel, to visit such a shop.
But for those who are fortunate to live near a brick and morter shop, where you can walk in, and actually touch and feel a product, prior to purchaase, I offer this advice:
Dont visit such shop, and then purchase elsewhere online because you saved 10% !
"Don't visit such shop, and then purchase elsewhere online because you saved 10% ! "
This is so true i have had this experience . a friend owned a wonderful shop and spent a lot of time demonstrating items only to find the shopper ordered from out of state just to save the taxes . No more local shop, no hands on , no help with maintaining or parts .

"Don't visit such shop, and then purchase elsewhere online because you saved 10% ! "
This is so true i have had this experience . a friend owned a wonderful shop and spent a lot of time demonstrating items only to find the shopper ordered from out of state just to save the taxes . No more local shop, no hands on , no help with maintaining or parts .
What a shame to actually have an opportunity near them (in their own back yard) , and then completely loose it, because they saved $100 by buying cheaper elsewhere, via the internet.
Sad.
Im not sure what the answer is, other than "BUY LOCAL IF POSSIBLE".

Being a geography fan it would help if you told us which Springfield you hang your hat, there are a number of states that have a Springfield.

100% online, was not interested in stuff available in the typical local chain stores. There are no specialty stores near enough for me to go to. A good forum(s) is #1 IMHO on making a final choice. Eventually, the pros and cons fall out over time from enough independent sources to say ... okay, yes or no. I have greatly appreciated the senior forum members helping out newer members in sorting out the options, even if it may get repetitive.