• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How many of you bought airguns at a physical store vs online?

My local gun shop has a decent selection of budget type airguns. Bought a couple of Sig C02 pistols there, and a Crosman 1377. All my higher end stuff, Wehrauch, Diana, were bought online because there's nowhere else to get them from. Been buying from PA for the past couple of years. Good service, no complaints.

Last edited:
Reactions: Farmplinker2
On line.
Airguns Outdoors is the one PCP shop in the Denver metro area and that’s almost an hour away on a good day, if I can make it during store hours.
R. L. Airgun supply is a great Colorado based online seller but he has limited selections with good pricing.
A very "niche" competitive business to say the least.

The same average airgun selection is available everywhere else, Gamo, Crosman etc

The first three springers I bought at Walmart. I regretted it very shortly after. I returned the first two Gamos within a day of bringing them home. The third was a Chinese Beeman Kodiak dual caliber. I took it apart to tune it and never got it back together.

I went online and bought a HW95 and stuck with the HWs since. Bought them new and used and never in a store.

Reactions: .20calguy
I live 70 miles from the 4th largest city in the US and there’s not a single store that sells quality airguns. Dallas area I think has some? 5+ hours from me. So, online or forums for me out of necessity. I swung by Veradium Air a few weeks ago, that’s a couple hours away. Created an itch I’m probably gonna have to scratch LOL. That would be my first in person purchase.

All but one online, due to the lack stores. When I started, I went to an airgun show first, and it was amazing because I got to hold and feel a lot of options. Ones I thought I might not like, I ended up liking and vice versa.

Note that there are possibly some smaller stores that you might not know about in your area or state (depending on size of your state and where you live). Lexington Airguns in NC is small, but Artie has some options and is a great guy.

Modern guns mostly online.
Vintage guns, in a variety of places.
if you ever got to go to the midwest show , you would have no bank account money left , but a trailer full of everything antique to modern you can think of .
parts too several guys deal parts , Crossman / Daisy many more

All but one online, due to the lack stores. When I started, I went to an airgun show first, and it was amazing because I got to hold and feel a lot of options. Ones I thought I might not like, I ended up liking and vice versa.

Note that there are possibly some smaller stores that you might not know about in your area or state (depending on size of your state and where you live). Lexington Airguns in NC is small, but Artie has some options and is a great guy.
That’s exactly why I like shopping in person best: to check how something fits and feels. Online and print study can provide the numbers but not whether the thing feels comfortable enough that I would use it.

I would not buy an automobile without a test drive. The first step of all—getting inside the vehicle—might rule out a model that looked good on paper. At the least, checking fit and feel narrows down the choices. Actually firing the gun would be like a test drive, even better than just going on fit alone.

People for whom noise level matters could check that with a test fire.

That’s exactly why I like shopping in person best: to check how something fits and feels. Online and print study can provide the numbers but not whether the thing feels comfortable enough that I would use it.

I would not buy an automobile without a test drive. The first step of all—getting inside the vehicle—might rule out a model that looked good on paper. At the least, checking fit and feel narrows down the choices. Actually firing the gun would be like a test drive, even better than just going on fit alone.

People for whom noise level matters could check that with a test fire.
That is why most of mine have been used, so I can check them out and not have to take a huge hit if I don’t like them.

I went to Walmart just to buy pellets. I put a few other things in my cart and then found that the pellets were locked up. I walked around for five minutes until I found two Walmart associates talking to each other while they were looking at their phones. I asked if they would unlock the pellets and they looked at me like I was bothering them. I left my cart there and walked out of the store and I will never walk into it again. Funny thing, the next day I ordered the pellets online from them and a guy showed up four hours later to deliver them to my house for free, lol.

Reactions: maxtrouble