• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

How many FT shooters?

I am trying to get some shoots started this spring. We have over 100 acres at Gem City Outdoorsman club near Mckean pa. 5 miles from erie. We have airgun shooters here that will be learning how to shoot Field Target together this spring. I need shooters to come join us so we can all learn together. We have the space here to use the woods or setups on cleared land . If anyone is near erie and would be interested in shooting any airgun game can email me at [email protected] I am attaching pics of our targets that are finished and resdy to be used. I have more to make but we have enough for onehalf of our woods sporting clays course. I cant wait for spring to get here. JCS
ft painted.1609986457.jpg

Dan, You are right in between The central Ohio club in Grove City Ohio and the new Club at Fairfield Sportsman north of Cincy!! Your in good hands with them for sure!! Hope you get that new rifle working soon!! I belong to the club near Steubenville (Sherwood Airgunners) but live an hour away from it near Pittsburgh Pa. If you want to shoot F/T you have to be willing do do some driving but we are real lucky to have five clubs in the state!! Some guys have no clubs near bye!! Hope to run into you some time this spring!! J.L.

I talked to Tim at mac1 today after I decided to completely tear the gun apart . Which by the way is nothing compared to tearing the impact down and replacing all 50000 oring in it ( I think there is only 42 or something like that ) bit I talked to tim and the orings I need are on there way from california as we speak he sent them usps priority mail 2 day so I should get them in a couple of weeks...lol 😂

It's truly amazing how simple the mac1 is I think the whole thing has 6 orings and there all easy to get to 

So hopefully it will fix it . If not it's off to Tim for the upgrades. (It will get there eventually either way ) but I would like to play with it a little before I ship it out to California for a month or so .

I will keep you updated on how the woods end up 

Dan 

Miatamoma, Ive been to your club many times as I shot Archery for over twenty five years an attended The I.B.O. Triple Crown shoots there MANY times. It's great that you are going to be having shoots!! You have them and they will come I assure you!! There is a club in Ripley N.Y. and a very active one in Chagrin Falls Ohio (Northeast Ohio Airgunners) not far from you and I know the guys will attend. We field Target shooters are willing to travel to shoots thats not a problem!!! Study up on running a tournament on the AAFTA web page as there is much to learn about doing it. You should attend one of the shoots at N.O.A. this spring and find out how it is done and model your shoots after them as they have been doing it right for a long time!! Your targets look great!! I'm sure that you will do fine as the Gem City club always put on a great shoot!! I belong to a club in Steubenville Ohio but live south of Pittsburgh and will certainly attend your shoots and will spread the word about your start up club. Best of luck and If I can be of any help please let me know!! J.L.

Whitefox, Thanks for the advice. I know of those two clubs. Here we will be learning the art of Field target shooting as we go along, we will have to let it evolve into what it will be. Members here will be using the airguns they have already for pesting mostly what you can buy from the box stores and most using pellets that are available in the same stores. We will run our shoots learning how and making changes that suit the average shooters as we evolve. I may be wrong but I see shooters that shoot here will be interested in shooting and having fun competing with other shooters of the same ability. I dont see many that will be buying 1500$ guns when they are looked at as bb guns. Unless we get numbers of shooters that want to compete in a more competitive shoots the winners will only get bragging rights for winning. Getting really competitive is good for egoes but takes some of the fun away from the sport. We would like advice from the pros and will listen to what they say if any is given. May be wrong but I want to grow the sport here and get shooters shooting aiguns. 

We have room to shoot here. There is an open 500 yard field where we could set up a course, or 100 yard benchrest (I like the woods for FT but we could have lanes set up in the open field if we had the numbers of shooters to make it worthwhile) We can also shoot indoors in the archery building up to 30 yards all year long.

We can do a lot but we need shooters first. I have many ideas but I need interested shooters first. I may be rambling so will stop now. JCS

Miatamama, you should come down to Ripley. I’ve been shooting there about 4 years, we only get about 6 people and are always looking for new shooters. We don’t care what people shoot, it’s the fun and comradery of field target. I would be interested in shooting with your group, I’m already driving from the Niagara Falls area, what’s another half hour. 
As to the original question, we average 6 shooters at Ripley NY and 15 to 20 in Rochester NY. Rick 

Thanks guys I hope I like it (FT that is ) I already love the mac1 . I talked to Tim at mac1 and It is going to Tim to have him go through it replace all the orings and bring it up to the gen 3 status. 

I hope to set up a course in my woods I have 17 acres of woods that no one messes around in I am going to try to get it set up for next spring . Now I need to start looking for the best place to buy some targets .

Thanks for all the info on the Ohio ft groups I will look into it more

Nice gun there! You realize its setup for benchrest, right? I it doesn't leak, don't bother changing o'rings, just fit a sidewheel for ranging, change the barrel to a lighter one in .177, 

and start shooting some FT matches.

LD

Thanks therealld 

I like the gun but after the new orings it still leaks So I need to get it boxed up and sent off to Tim he says that there were some issues with the metal that they used in the tube on mine that was not as good as he would have liked to use but that's what they sent him at the time so he is going to do some work on it and bring it up to the same as the newer ones it's going to cost me a but but should be worth it in the end I have another barrel for it in 177 but not sure how much lighter it's going to be it's a stainless one to but not as big around it's a 6 groove ligja the 22 that's on it is a 4 groove and it's bigger in diameter

Can't wait to get it up and running 

Dan