How many airguns is too many

In my mind, the answer to this question would come down to whether or not the airguns bought for practical usage or for personal collection.

With that said, it's tough to be a minimalist with airguns - unless you're buying the same type / style / caliber, each model seems to have their pros, cons, and features - the process of elimination can be tough, as minimalism is hard to define with airguns having such unique features / characteristics.

If you're buying to collect, life is much easier :)

I've always had a few airguns and a few powder burning guns on hand at one time..
Being broke as a joke 95% of the time, I'll get one or a few, try them out, compare them, 
and when I find one that I really enjoy the most, I'll set it aside - to keep shooting.. 
Then with the rest, I'll sell/swap and keep rotating and repeating...

Like with all of the things I do: Photography, RC Flying, Shooting... 
Everything that I have Has To Be Used.. If it is not being used, it gets passed on.. 
Same with custom vehicles / motorcycles when I used to have my custom shops.. 
I just can't deal with the thought of things just sitting around collecting dust - just to have.. 
Especially if/when someone else could really be enjoying them.. Anyways.

If I had kept every gun I've ever owned over the past 20+ years,
I wouldn't need any 'gun safes', I would need 'gun rooms'. haha

With life getting in the way, health, moving around, etc. I really had to [drastically] thin the heard.. 
As of 2 years ago, and this still hurts to think about - All of them were gone..

All were .22s and .9mm for the most part, as I pretty much only shoot smaller cal rifles and airguns..

Then as of last year, I built two bench rest match grade "10/22's" and called that good.
For airguns, I decided I'd stick with just PCPs, and stocked back up on a handful..

Still almost all .22s with one that's a .22/.25 combo.

ATI Nova Vista Freedom .22, Hatsan gladius short .22, Kral Arms Puncher Breaker .22 Kral Arms Puncher Nemesis .22/.25, 
And as of most recently, I just got an Artemis P15 .22 and an Artemis PP700S-A .22 [Pistol] and folding-stock combo.

Now that I have, and shoot those, I have an idea of which ones I enjoy the most, what I expect out of them, etc.. 
Just last night, I was trying to figure out which ones I would definitely want to keep and which ones to start advertising..

Of course in a perfect world, I'd just keep em' all, but, well... you know.. 

🙂👍 

Sam -

I'm another one that has a hard limit of storage space. My PCPs share the safe with my PBs, the springers are in a small Stack-On cabinet of their own. I'm not willing to dedicate more space to another cabinet or safe (since there is a third that holds my ammunition). 

Beside that, I just don't like accumulating huge collections of things...although my wife rolls my eyes when i say that. If I have an airgun that doesn't meet some particular need for me, it probably won't be around too long. I have 11 airguns, so I must be needy....

I'd like to throw a bit of a twist in here. Does $$$ value of each gun play into a decision on quantity? If I have 5 $2500 guns versus 5 $400 guns - is that too many nice guns but okay for lower end? Not my personal opinion but thought it would add to the discussion.

For me guns are to shoot, not sit around looking new and pretty - although I try to take very good care of them. I can't put a number on, maybe 6-8 is a reasonable number to have a gun for each purpose with maybe a duplicate or two. I think everyone should at least have an air pistol to compliment their rifle(s) just because it's harder and makes you really work for your aim. 

I do tend to get personally connected with guns I enjoy shooting, so if that connection just isn't there for me I am sure it will be for someone else and up to the classifieds it goes. 

I agree with CT shooter, and INTENSEATY. Let me add to their comments:

Re: comment by CT- yes, one must own a springer, both in spring piston and a gas ram in a larger caliber. I own a nice, mint FWB 124 sport in 177, and a Beeman RX1 in 20 cal. I also have a Benjamin Nitro Piston in 22 cal, a gas ram, that’s used when I’m out on rainy days or going to be brushing against stuff that will eat up a wood stock. I won’t count the Beeman R10, cause my son took ownership of that.

in a PCP, forget the 177 calls unless your some benchrest or field target enthusiast. I’m speaking for hunting small to mid sized game. You need a 22 or a 25 for sure, and that’ll carry you up to raccoon sized critters, and you need a 30 for the occasional bigger sized raccoon or if there is the urge to hit steel at over a 100. 

Not gonna get into bigger bores or the specialized slug guns, cause I’m talking about the average Joe getting into Airguns and is looking for a fair amount of guns that’ll get used all thruout the year.

At INTENSEATY’s comment- yes, I’ve heard about the shoes, the purses, etc. heck, talking about shoes, Imelda Marcos’s sister was my godmother, no joke, lol.

heres my take on that. What happens if you’re married to a wife that isn’t into the shoes, the flowers, diamonds, chocolates, hot sauna outings, the wine tasting tours, and all that girlie stuff? And she says no more to Airgun purchases. Her theory is it isn’t practical, and it’s best to put that money towards a house payment or maybe re doing the front lawn. Yup, different battle there. So, how do you reason with someone who is financially conscious about a savings account, retirement, house mortgage paid off? And you’re gonna ask for one more “pellet gun”(as how she sees it) and you already own 6( the amount I read off for the average Joe). Good luck with that

There is none too many......you don't need that negativity in your life.....

Outsanding!! Thats what I"ll tell the wife when she stumbles across this .. .

1551618726_5220927295c7bd2a6613dc6.01762257_20190301_141809.jpg

Back to having 'Too Many' ..

Does anyone have any creative ways of receiving (briging home) and storing the supposed unwieldly # of airguns?

Not sure if by "Creative way of receiving" you mean "It getting delivered without the wife knowing it arrived" but, if in fact this is what you mean, not that I have ever done this (or not) but, you can have anything delivered to your name at your local UPS store and they will hold it for you until you pick it up for $5 fee and proof of identity.