• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How low can you go?

Looking pretty good for a plinker at 15m considering that was without the benefit of a scope. The 220fps sampling tips a hand to vertical stringing but it’s too few to draw a firm conclusion.

I honestly didn't realize how bad the drop was until I punched the numbers into Strelok. It's kind of weird shooting close range like this and having serious hang time before impact 🤣

A few years ago there was a video on Youtube where some guys across the pond that recorded their attempt to shoot mice with a .30 cal that was tuned to stay under the 12fpe UK limit. It's now marked private so I can't get to it but I think they were using the 45gr JSB which would have put the velocity just under 350fps. Time and again, the mice were able to react to the sound and jump to avoid the pellet. They then switched to a smaller caliber and started taking them out.

Maybe you can still be successful with ~300fps if the report is so soft as to not trigger their reflex, but another thing to keep in mind is that this is right around the minimum velocity necessary to penetrate flesh.