How low can you go?

So KMD, what did you end up deciding/doing?
When I read oldspook's comment, I initially thought about the same thing you did, though in a little gentler terms. Then, I thought maybe it was a different approach from what you were considering. Then, I was not sure if he was serious or just trying to mess with you.

Don't let a - accuracy here and there get you down. I've got a few that I feel were undeserved, like giving constructive feedback on a video and someone really took it personally instead of as a future development opportunity. Our choice is to always be positive and gloss over negative things or just accept a - now and then. I'd rather get a - now and then and keep it real. It'll turn into a Prozac forum otherwise.

"Smaug"So KMD, what did you end up deciding/doing?
When I read oldspook's comment, I initially thought about the same thing you did, though in a little gentler terms. Then, I thought maybe it was a different approach from what you were considering. Then, I was not sure if he was serious or just trying to mess with you.

Don't let a - accuracy here and there get you down. I've got a few that I feel were undeserved, like giving constructive feedback on a video and someone really took it personally instead of as a future development opportunity. Our choice is to always be positive and gloss over negative things or just accept a - now and then. I'd rather get a - now and then and keep it real. It'll turn into a Prozac forum otherwise.
Sorry for the late reply, but I just came across this reply, as I am no longer subscribed to this thread. Anyhow, I believe we talked about this in a pm, correct?

Exaggeration to be sure. A trillion?! You know darn good and well, there are only 2 million remaining in the USA !! I know this, because Dr. John Hoogland said that is all there is!

http://www.itwixie.com/uncategorized/meet-dr-prairie-dog

I haven't met Dr. Hoogland in person, but talked to him several times on the telephone. I invited him to one of my old haunts, where there was well over a million in one large town. He refused. And yes, I have read his books on the subject. Personally, he doesn't have a clue how many there are. Oh! And those written accounts he cites where they used to be everywhere you looked? They came from the Lewis & Clark expedition's manuscripts, and we now know most of their observations were not much more than a hoax. I'm sure Sacagawea is rolling in her grave!

I could tell you a lot more about this, but it would take several pages.

"DaBinChe"I've shot a squirrel at 3feet (just past arms length) with 6fpe muzzle between the eyes with a P-rod and CPHP(.22) and it only left a mark...didn't even break the skin...but did bleed from the nose. I was like SH!T, so lifted up the thing it was hiding under and let my dog have at it. My dog got bit up a little.
What, how can that be? I would have thought that 6 fpe is enough, but I guess not. However, when you say, "so lifted up the thing it was hiding under" Does that mean you shot through something? Maybe that is the reason the power was not enough?

"Alan"Exaggeration to be sure. A trillion?! You know darn good and well, there are only 2 million remaining in the USA !! I know this, because Dr. John Hoogland said that is all there is!

http://www.itwixie.com/uncategorized/meet-dr-prairie-dog

I haven't met Dr. Hoogland in person, but talked to him several times on the telephone. I invited him to one of my old haunts, where there was well over a million in one large town. He refused. And yes, I have read his books on the subject. Personally, he doesn't have a clue how many there are. Oh! And those written accounts he cites where they used to be everywhere you looked? They came from the Lewis & Clark expedition's manuscripts, and we now know most of their observations were not much more than a hoax. I'm sure Sacagawea is rolling in her grave!

I could tell you a lot more about this, but it would take several pages.
I believe it is more around 1,567,345 and not 2 million. : )

The alternative to limiting overtravel by reducing velocity is to increase weight and angle to have a trajectory like a mortar, with a significant downward angle at impact. Play around in chairgun and see if there's a workable zone. Rangefinding will be of the utmost imperative with such a trajectory, and finding mentors will be hard. More like chess than paintball. But it can be done.

"cernunnos"The alternative to limiting overtravel by reducing velocity is to increase weight and angle to have a trajectory like a mortar, with a significant downward angle at impact. Play around in chairgun and see if there's a workable zone. Rangefinding will be of the utmost imperative with such a trajectory, and finding mentors will be hard. More like chess than paintball. But it can be done.
Sorry, never replied to your post. 

Thanks for the input!

Kmd