How long to break in Hw50 .22 and do loose pellets hurt a break barrel rifle?

Hello everyone I’m new to the forum and I’m somewhat new to spring piston air rifles. This hw50s hunter is my first .22 caliber and I think the pellets fit in the breech a little loose. Some Crosman premier hp fall in the breech some don’t. Rws hobby pellets almost drop in. Rws meisterkugeln go in with the ever so slightest resistance. I was hoping to break it in with the cheap Crosman pellets but not if the drop in pellets will harm the gun. 

The head of the pellet may loosely fit the breech but the skirt will provide plenty of resistance. It is not like dry firing the gun. 

If you wanted to try some different head sizes to see if it improves your accuracy many vendors supply pellets with head diameters larger than the standard 5.52mm. H&N pellets come in bigger sizes and can be bought from many of the vendors advertising on this site.

That HW50 is a very nice rifle. Life is short, use good pellets!

P.S. Keep an eye on the stock and trigger guard screws, no need to over tighten them but if they become loose it will affect your accuracy. Oh yes... and use the proper sized screwdriver.

1578618872_6290351725e17cff8d0ffb5.77245566_F46E71C5-2E44-421C-8E7C-E819DB490C43.jpeg

13 yard 5 shot groups (on a reused 10 meter target.)
RWS meisterkugeln pellet

They averaged 621 fps.

hobby’s shot even better and averaged 645 fps. 

Thanks for the link. I got some JSB and H&N pellets to try and the H&N pellets (ftt 5.55) shot the best. My trigger feels heavy. I have not measured it yet but it feels like 4 pounds. I think I’m gonna wait until I’m about 500 pellets in until I adjust it. Does a trigger need to wear in? I’m probably 200 pellets through the rifle so far and it keeps getting better!