• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How long for new springs to settle in?

I installed new FWB springs in my 300 and just wondered how long for them to settle in. These rifles are pretty easy to work on but being my first time I was a little nervous. After getting the gun back together I put it in the stock and shot a couple pellets just to make sure everything was okay. All seemed good so the scope went back on and with just a little daylight left to the bench I went.

I was kinda of surprised as how it shot. after checking the zero I shot Oldspooks target. There were some small adjustments in each group until the fourth target, after that there were no more adjustments. 25 yards.

1534382102_17446732195b74d016985937.68352618_re spring 1.JPG

I don't know about the high-end guns like your 300 or those German luftgewehrs that garner so much praise. I do a refurb on my guns and it only takes a half hour for my low-born Walmart guns to settle in.

First they find my Fritos in the cabinets over the 'fridge and my hard cider in the garage storage where I hide it, then sit their fat synthetic butts down in my (MY!!) LAZY-BOY and take over the remote. I tell ya, I'd never have thought there were so many episodes of the Dukes of Hazzard and BJ and the Bear on at o-dark-thirty. They've left greasy black gunk on the toilet seat, pellet droppings all over my shag carpeting, and don't even get me started on the condition of my walls after all of the "premature emissions" they've had. If I hear "I don't know, dude, I think my sear is swollen or sump'tin" one more time I'm gonna lose it and break out the JB Bore Paste and do some serious reaming!