How long do I rub on my Impact bore before I give up?

The black stuff is not lead. Lead looks like flakes of silver.
It IS lead residue. Picture is the Lead Wipe cloth patch rubbed across a soft lead ingot for 6 passes with a light finger pressure.
lead.jpg

Still, try a pull through and less chemicals. Something may be reacting to the barrel.
All the chemical I used came packaged in a steel tin can, so they are NOT reacting to the steel barrel or the stainless steel cleaning rod. It is lead residue. My Hammer had a bad case of leading the bore and it did not take that long in cleaning before the Lead Wipe patches came out slightly gray and not black.

Well maybe you have a lead streak from hell still in there. A bore scope will tell you. If your chosen cocktail is just making it a little soft, you’ll have dark patches for a long time. I would just do what Motorhead suggested. I won’t hesitate to take a brush to any barrel on my guns if they are being stubborn. I have no interest in a barrel that can’t handle a brush. I use nylon. One more thing. The first patches I pull through my pellet and slug shooters are dry. Then I introduce chemicals. But only two chemicals. First is a bore solvent. Then I finish with something else that leaves no residue. If I keep getting patches with color, I get out the rod and a brush.

My patience and curiosity only runs so far. By this point I would be on UA’s site ordering a new liner. A little over 100 bucks and you have a solution if the liner is the cause of the accuracy issue

Thats where I would be as well at this point.

Outers used to make a product called Foul Out, I have the original edition and it has saved many of a .22lr barrel that were filled with lead.

I make my own solution from this page outlining the recipe for the Lead Out.

So, two pages of people offering troubleshooting advice. You fix it and offer no detail of what you did?

My money says that he finally got the barrel clean.

I really enjoy the "My gun sucks! What did the manufacturer do wrong?" threads. They remind me of all my motorcycle crashes (three street, numerous @ the track). After a lot of thought, I found the common denominator...

ME!

Shoot well,

J~

So, two pages of people offering troubleshooting advice. You fix it and offer no detail of what you did?
As in my original post: "Barrel looked spotless right after the first patch...but I kept going till I gave up and replaced the breach O-ring, put the barrel back on and fired a shot out the back door"
......The next day, shot a few fouling shots and then shot the target. Accuracy returned after cleaning the barrel, regardless that I spent too much time cleaning it.

Reactions: nervoustrig