• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How Long Can I Run My Yong Heng?

I've had mine running for about 2.5 years now. Has about 112 hours total time on it filling to 310 bar each fill. Burst disk "Pop" pretty much anything over 4500 psi. Some before, some after.
Average temp is about 58°C for until I hit 3500psi on a fresh fill for either 6.8l or 9l tank. After that point, she steadily climbs.
I purge about every 7-10 mins. (My basement environment is pretty dry due to the running of 2, 50 pt dehumidifiers.
I run the YH sitting on a 3/4" thick rubber pad. Really knocked down quite a bit of transferable vibration to my work bench.
In summer months when the temp is higher, I'll drop a frozen 2ltr coke bottle in the 5gal bucket of cooling water. During the winter months, my basement is cold. No extra help needed then.
In the beginning, I would take every precaution and shut it down after 10 mins, let it cool for 20 mins, rinse and repeat. 😊
Now, I'll let her run for about 25 mins keeping an eye on the temp gauge. Purging the separator filter still every 7-10 mins. When I let it cool, I let it drop to 38°-40°C.
I figure I've gotten my 200 bucks worth of use out of it so.... If it dies, I've got another sitting in waiting on the shelf.
Running Royal Purple oil, changing it every 10 hrs of use. (Yes, I keep a written log with time stamps.)
From my data logs, I can see she's slowing down a bit. I'm honestly surprised its lasted this long. 😊

This is my setup in my work room.
98746.jpeg

101338.jpeg

I do have a GX Pump that now has 78 hrs on the meter that is slowing down as well. Cost was 7x more than the YH. The GX sits behind my recliner in the living room and is super quite. Like a dishwasher. The YH, it's as far from family life as possible. Noisy little workhorse. But worth every penny.

Cheers!

K9

Reactions: MikeAllen
Screenshot_20220927-090603_AliExpress.jpg

US $24.31 40%OFF | 2021 NEW 1 PC Diy 120w Tec Peltier Semiconductor Refrigerator Water Cooling Air Conditioning Mechanism For Cooling And Fan

I've honestly been toying with the idea of getting one of these from Aliexpress.

I'm questioning the validity of their photo though. LOL...

There are a few of these options for sale on Aliexpress. This is the only one that is showing actual ice build up on the cooling fins. Makes think... Hmmmmm...? Can you imagine having that frozen goodness thaw and drip water in your PC tower?! 😄 But mounted to the YH? Might be something here.. Yes/No?

Cheers!

K9

Last edited:
View attachment 292954

US $24.31 40%OFF | 2021 NEW 1 PC Diy 120w Tec Peltier Semiconductor Refrigerator Water Cooling Air Conditioning Mechanism For Cooling And Fan

I've honestly been toying with the idea of getting one of these from Aliexpress.

I'm questioning the validity of their photo though. LOL...

There are a few of these options for sale on Aliexpress. This is the only one that is showing actual ice build up on the cooling fins. Makes think... Hmmmmm...? Can you imagine having that frozen goodness thaw and drip water in your PC tower?! 😄 But mounted to the YH? Might be something here.. Yes/No?

Cheers!

K9
Looks interesting - not sure about the DIY part of the description - probably have to build it yourself from their (minimal?) parts. 30 bucks and you'll know!

Reactions: K9Air
Looks interesting - not sure about the DIY part of the description - probably have to build it yourself from their (minimal?) parts. 30 bucks and you'll know!
I've a few of these types of coolers in my cart on Ali for a while. 😁

I've got a small machine shop here at the house and seem to keep busy with small Gunsmith/Armorer jobs for the PD and Sheriff dept, mixed in are tuning and customized jobs for Airguns. I can't quite nail down the personal time needed to move forward on that project.

I retired a few years back. Now that I'm on my own schedule, my plate is usually filled with every one else's little tasks. I'll get to it someday soon. Either that or I'll save my pennies to just buy an Alkin. 😊

Cheers!

K9

I've a few of these types of coolers in my cart on Ali for a while. 😁

I've got a small machine shop here at the house and seem to keep busy with small Gunsmith/Armorer jobs for the PD and Sheriff dept, mixed in are tuning and customized jobs for Airguns. I can't quite nail down the personal time needed to move forward on that project.

I retired a few years back. Now that I'm on my own schedule, my plate is usually filled with every one else's little tasks. I'll get to it someday soon. Either that or I'll save my pennies to just buy an Alkin. 😊

Cheers!

K9
I think I'll wait until after the mid terms and see what the market does before I start thinking "Alkin!"

Reactions: K9Air
I think I'll wait until after the mid terms and see what the market does before I start thinking "Alkin!"
Well... Mid-terms came and left a sour taste. 😩 Hope they went better for you. 😁

I've always been an odd duck in buying the things that others wouldn't touch or even consider.

I dropped the coin on a new compressor. Appears to be a Bauer Junior 2 clone out of China
Alibaba1914077250.png

I've only filled 4, 9l tanks, 0-330 bar and half a dozen top offs, 200-330 bar so far.

Top offs take about 4.5 mins...
0-330 bar was about 26 mins...

My initial impression is I'm impressed. I'll get some more time behind it and post a review.

K9

Don't want to steal thread but what is best bang for buck dessicator filter

Caution - Newbie Ponderings follow - If there are errors in my comments, hopefully some more seasoned users will chime in.

I am assuming you have a fairly large and efficient water trap already installed? If not, my impression is that a water trap is significantly more important than a filter with desiccant in it, but both are often used with the desiccant filter being placed in line after the water trap. In my dry location I have yet to see ANY signs of moisture in my smaller second moisture filter immediately after the water trap and am considering having a bypass of some kind for the 3rd large desiccant filter, for removing it from the system because it takes longer to reach pressure when filling a gun directly. Putting it back in line when filling a big tank.

The most recommended water trap on AGN seems to be the "Orange" coalescing one like what is shown in K9Air's post above. No cotton filters in it and you don't ever need to open it up. Just drain the water as you go.

1668082336221.png

As for what to put in it if you are going to add a desiccant filter, unless you are going to be breathing the air, what I am seeing is use just molecular sieves, also known as Synthetic Zeolite in your moisture filter. A filter cartridge that is threaded is what I use, buying the Zeolite in bulk and repacking periodically. You can dry the used stuff out and re-use it later. Keep the ready to use stuff in an air tight container at all times. Be sure to pack it tightly by tapping on the container as you fill it, to reduce large gaps between the beads. I am guessing smaller beads are probably better than larger as long as they don't leak out of the cartridge. I see no need for Silica Gel which I think is significantly slower at absorbing moisture, or the carbon which is for breathing air.

I would like to know how long the air needs to be in contact with any desiccant to actually do something substantial. I did some searching but didn't come up with much other than desiccants can take a long time to work, which makes me think that not very much absorption is going to happen when the air isn't going to be inside the filter more than a few seconds, being replaced constantly with new air. Maybe someone has done a test with the filter sizes and the air flow volume we are seeing with filling PCP stuff. I would love to see it if they have!

Some interesting reading here but I did not find out if the Molecular Sieve stuff will make much of a difference in a 15 minute run where the air is constantly changing. The impression I got is that the air needs to be stagnant for quite a while to significantly reduce the humidity.

Last edited:
Reactions: pecor
Well... Mid-terms came and left a sour taste. 😩 Hope they went better for you. 😁

I've always been an odd duck in buying the things that others wouldn't touch or even consider.

I dropped the coin on a new compressor. Appears to be a Bauer Junior 2 clone out of China
View attachment 304331

I've only filled 4, 9l tanks, 0-330 bar and half a dozen top offs, 200-330 bar so far.

Top offs take about 4.5 mins...
0-330 bar was about 26 mins...

My initial impression is I'm impressed. I'll get some more time behind it and post a review.

K9
Impressive performance! Details and a link?

Impressive performance! Details and a link?
😉

There are 18 positive reviews that are in my eyes, highly suspect.

That said, I've worked with this manufacture in the past. Products are strong, communications are lacking.

I
Yes let it cool longer the temp you see is only the compressor head temp. The motor also needs to cool down. Without an extra fan it will take longer to cool off the WHOLE unit. So far you are doing ok, but take a break, Rest is important.
never thought of motor temp when running mine. I’ll have to keep that in mind as I fill my tank.