How is this responsible airguning?

I don't mean to troll or no offense to the ladies at the video. I am sure they are much better shooters than I am. But looking through online YouTube reviews from my BRK Ghost I stumbled upon the youtube channel where the lady kills iguanas in Florida. And on the specific video she does so in an apparently busy parking lot with buildings in the background. Even if the angle of the video is not what it appears to be , what happens if she misses and the pellet goes over the roof. What if it hits a balcony. What's on the other side of the street? I am all about hunting and what not but damn on such a dense urban environment? It's not like she is pointing at a lake bank, or some trees with palmettos and more trees behind, there are straight up buildings behind it. Don't know what to say maybe I am old and cranky with too much common sense?

View attachment 335931
If you are talking about Jessica of Iguana Solutions, she's a damn good shot, also a competitive shooter. Unless you know exactly where the lizard is and odds are the palm is the backstop it's fine. Most of her shots are 25 to 30 yards MAX, the perspective with the camera make it look much further. She is contracted by the property owners to pop those lizards. BTW she uses a 2nd FP scope and dials down her gun so as not to go through the lizards if they are close.

The video makes it appear that she takes every shot possible, which hopefully is not the case. We don't see the out takes of shots passed up. Pictures and videos can be deceiving regarding distance and angle, with the target background not usually able to be seen. Safe shots can be taken in heavily populated areas, but one has to be selective. I shot a squirrel today in a tree at an angle I would normally not take. He was on a limb at its junction with the large tree trunk, so I knew that my pellet, if it passed through, would go in the tree. IMO, the video shows some shots that should not have been taken. The risk of injury or property damage from a pellet pass-through might be slight, but it need not be taken.

Reactions: AirGunShooter
To me, even if it a person is licensed, bonded, insured, and it's legal in their location, I still feel it is irresponsible to post those videos for people who are NOT licensed, bonded, insured and it is not legal in their location to get stupid ideas, and think they too can do it.
"You feel" right there....sorry but nobody cares. If you don't like it then don't fo it and move on. Simple as that, if you don't like it move on.

There are laws and things in place that are allowing people to do different things that are not legal in your area. I am sure she is legal other wise why put them on YouTube for all to see.

I think that Jessica is fun and pretty hot in a crazy way

Maybe she knows the neighborhood and that the area is safe behind her targets…did any of you think of that?

She is licensed and is paid to kill iguanas in these areas. Maybe she knows something that some of you do not?

A lot of uptight people posting here

Another thought is that if only careful shots are taken, the pellet won't go past the tree trunk. In the photos of iguanas in trees that I've seen online, they're often stuck to the side of the tree trunk. If there's a tree trunk on the far side of an iguana, that pellet ain't going very far.

I didn't watch the video that the OP linked, but in reference to the image shown on the link of her holding a gun in a parking lot.....I can't imagine she'd get very far without the cops smashing her face into the asphalt unless she had permission or was even hired to be there.

So I agree when you say that shooting up into a tree is not automatically a safety issue, for two reasons: open water/empty field downrange, or tree trunk behind the iguana so pellet stops right there.

I'm guessing the big red moderator is sort of her version of orange muzzles on replica airsoft guns? A sign that I'm not out here with an assault rifle, but rather out here removing pests. Now, throw a pest control company logo on the side of the vehicle that she traveling in, and likely near while shooting, and now you've got yourself a legitimate pest mitigation strategy. I've read the iguana dropping make an awful mess. Many in her neck of the woods might be quite glad at the prospect of not having slimy iguana poop all over their sidewalks, poolchairs, picnic tables, cars, etc.

Seems like I remember reading somewhere that she's a wildlife biologist.

After all that, I am surprised that this flies. However, we are talking about Florida here so.......
Few people realize just how good eating Iguana Meat is.

Reactions: Ingwe
Has anyone asked the question; perhaps she KNOWS what is behind those buildings and has confirmed it’s safe?
That’s the same thing that I stated in my 1st post on this thread. It’s not like you see children playing in the background or little old ladies dodging falling iguanas;)

Some of the guys here sound just like the guys that I can’t stand who work at the gun ranges or the know it all-hanger oners sitting in gun stores, constantly giving their unasked for opinions…all “experts”

I would shoot and hang out with Jessica any day over “those guys”

The video makes it appear that she takes every shot possible, which hopefully is not the case. We don't see the out takes of shots passed up. Pictures and videos can be deceiving regarding distance and angle, with the target background not usually able to be seen. Safe shots can be taken in heavily populated areas, but one has to be selective. I shot a squirrel today in a tree at an angle I would normally not take. He was on a limb at its junction with the large tree trunk, so I knew that my pellet, if it passed through, would go in the tree. IMO, the video shows some shots that should not have been taken. The risk of injury or property damage from a pellet pass-through might be slight, but it need not be taken.
You obviously don't watch her videos, they do show the misses and the hits. She takes great care to shoot as safely as possible.

Reactions: Ingwe
You obviously don't watch her videos, they do show the misses and the hits. She takes great care to shoot as safely as possible.
Right, I don't watch her videos. It's good to know she is generally safety conscious. From the one video I saw, I can only say that her standards and mine may be different. Maybe she is realistic and I'm overly conservative, just different comfort levels.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein