How is this responsible airguning?

I don't mean to troll or no offense to the ladies at the video. I am sure they are much better shooters than I am. But looking through online YouTube reviews from my BRK Ghost I stumbled upon the youtube channel where the lady kills iguanas in Florida. And on the specific video she does so in an apparently busy parking lot with buildings in the background. Even if the angle of the video is not what it appears to be , what happens if she misses and the pellet goes over the roof. What if it hits a balcony. What's on the other side of the street? I am all about hunting and what not but damn on such a dense urban environment? It's not like she is pointing at a lake bank, or some trees with palmettos and more trees behind, there are straight up buildings behind it. Don't know what to say maybe I am old and cranky with too much common sense?

Screenshot_20230227_125943_YouTube.jpg

Reactions: qball
The iguanas are so bad down there, if she missed and went over the building, she'd probably hit another iguanas.

Jokes aside, no its not responsible and residents aren't happy with alot of these "pros" coming down to shoot them without proper training. Always be mindful of your backstop.

Thats incredibly irresponsible. Even some (most) of the big "stars" on YouTube are taking shots at birds on the tops of barns. That pellet misses and its 300+ yards non stop. If you can't see whats beyond your target, you don't shoot. It's very basic gun safety and it's constantly ignored. These people should be setting a good example for newcomers watching their channel instead of taking unethical and potentially dangerous shots to get more clicks.

That Edgun Leshiy dude was laughing about putting pellets through his neighbors garage door at one point. That was the last time I clicked his channel.

Thats incredibly irresponsible. Even some (most) of the big "stars" on YouTube are taking shots at birds on the tops of barns. That pellet misses and its 300+ yards non stop. If you can't see whats beyond your target, you don't shoot. It's very basic gun safety and it's constantly ignored. These people should be setting a good example for newcomers watching their channel instead of taking unethical and potentially dangerous shots to get more clicks.

That Edgun Leshiy dude was laughing about putting pellets through his neighbors garage door at one point. That was the last time I clicked his channel.
He shoots squirrels at 30 yards with a 30 cal doing in the mid 60+ fpe range, towards an alleyway behind his house and in older vids you could see there are houses directly behind that.

As for shooting into the air and missing... if it's lower power, by the time it comes down it MIGHT not have enough energy to do much BUT these guys are usually shooting slugs in the higher power range as well. Feel bad for little Johnny a half mile away who gets tagged with a 20 fpe slug dropping on his head or arm. Good luck finding where it came from.

Do that in my state = jail time or confiscation of weapon or ticket, possibly all. It's just crazy, same goes for shooting birds off of wires, a ticket in my state and depending on the game warden possible confiscation of weapon too.
Washington also doesn't allow any squirrel hunting at all, am I correct?

Reminds me of another video I took saftey objections to, and was shouted down, because the guy was popular (different forum). Same shtick, iguana hunting in populated areas, taking angled shots, with concrete in the back, and along an in use roadway, and bridges. Yay-hoos like this are certain to hasten the inevitable scrutiny the airgun community is going to recieve.

Reactions: 450BM
To me, even if it a person is licensed, bonded, insured, and it's legal in their location, I still feel it is irresponsible to post those videos for people who are NOT licensed, bonded, insured and it is not legal in their location to get stupid ideas, and think they too can do it.
The city like Miami contracts them for areas like that .. and im sure accidents can happen . Its not like you can just go willy nilly and do it. And they got rules and guidelines they have to do like post off the area there controling that day. Apparently them iguanas are that bad ..

I don't mean to troll or no offense to the ladies at the video. I am sure they are much better shooters than I am. But looking through online YouTube reviews from my BRK Ghost I stumbled upon the youtube channel where the lady kills iguanas in Florida. And on the specific video she does so in an apparently busy parking lot with buildings in the background. Even if the angle of the video is not what it appears to be , what happens if she misses and the pellet goes over the roof. What if it hits a balcony. What's on the other side of the street? I am all about hunting and what not but damn on such a dense urban environment? It's not like she is pointing at a lake bank, or some trees with palmettos and more trees behind, there are straight up buildings behind it. Don't know what to say maybe I am old and cranky with too much common sense?

View attachment 335931
No your just a crybaby 🤬

I realize that a pest problem can be of such a magnitude that it has to be dealt with in spite of some risks which are identified and kept to a minimum. I do not have a problem with them doing what needs done. What I do have a problem with is them putting vids on YT for every nut job to emulate their techniques on other pests or game. Why do they post it on YT? So they can get free or reduced price guns etc. for advertising the equipment they are using to then make $$ (shooting iguanas).

With modern cars being VERY thin skin / body metal, having 2-15# Iguanas falling from trees on them certainly does not go without a dent, dripped & smeared blood etc ... I know I certainly would not be happy !!
It seems like Florida is something akin to the wild wild west in this regard ?
To answer your question no. I used to live in FL, first in Melbourne and then 4 years in Brandon near Tampa. I will attach pictures from an article.
I juat want to be clear. I am not saying don't shoot your airgun in urban areas if your local ordinances alllow it. I am saying do it in a responsible common sense way. Shooting an iguana high up on a tree on a residential area with balconies on the background is a NO. Even if you are licensed by the property owner it doesn't mean that if you miss your pellet, or even worse slug won't end up on someone elses property . Know what lies beyond your target. I don't know if that lady has insurance or not and I don't care. I am sure if she missed she wouldn't put that on her video and the poor bastard that's getting of his work 200 yards away only to see his car dented would have no idea what cuased it or who.
But from a couple of replies here I see that common sense IS lost and some people would rather call me a cry baby and keep shooting irresponsibly. Same people that are going to mess everything up for the whole community once the inevitable happens..

Reactions: 450BM